St. Patrick's Day Rice Krispies Treats
These marshmallow treats are made with a sticky, buttery marshmallow cream, then they're dipped in white chocolate and decorated with green and white sprinkles!
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 5 minutes
Rest Time 20 minutes
Total Time 40 minutes
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 10 ounces marshmallows (approximately 40 marshmallows, or 4 cups mini marshmallows)
- Green food coloring (see note below)
- 6 cups Kellogg's Rice Krispies cereal (or other toasted rice cereal)
- 3/4 pound quality white chocolate (approximately 2 cups)
- 1 tablespoon green Nonpareils
- 1 tablespoon pearlized white Jimmies
Grease a 9" x 13" pan.
In a large saucepan carefully melt the butter over medium heat. Lower heat to medium-low, add the marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat.
Add a few drops of the green food coloring until you reach the desired color of green.
Add the cereal and stir until well coated.
Pour the mixture into a greased 9" x 13" pan and evenly distribute the mixture with greased hands or wax paper. Allow bars to cool completely before cutting into 2" squares.
While the treats are cooling melt your chocolate and add the desired amount of green food coloring. Stir until color is blended.
Dip the treats in the warm melted chocolate, sprinkle with the green and white decorations and place on parchment or wax paper until the chocolate is set.
Allow the chocolate to set before serving or packaging as gifts.
- Measure the cereal before melting the marshmallows, so it's ready to add to the warm mixture all at once.
- I used 3 drops of food coloring for the treats and 3 drops for the white chocolate.
- Spray hands with baking spray before spreading the sticky mixture, so it doesn't stick to hands.
- If the treats are too soft, put them in the fridge for 5-10 minutes. This should make them a little stiffer and easier to dip.
- Store in an airtight container.
Calories: 160kcal | Carbohydrates: 24g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 7mg | Sodium: 75mg | Potassium: 49mg | Sugar: 16g | Vitamin A: 530IU | Vitamin C: 4.5mg | Calcium: 29mg | Iron: 2.2mg