Easy Skillet Chili
Our delicious Easy Skillet Chili has lean ground beef, savory seasonings with chili beans, onions and green peppers!
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 35 minutes
Total Time 45 minutes
- 1 lb lean ground beef, 90/10
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp taco seasoning (heaping)
- 2 tbsp white sugar
- 1 tsp salt, or to taste
- 1 tsp pepper, or to taste
- 28 oz crushed tomatoes, tomato purée or tomato sauce (1 can)
- 16 oz Bush's Kidney Beans In Mild Chili Sauce (1 can)
- 1 cup water, (to rinse out the cans)
In a large skillet over medium-high heat brown the beef thoroughly.
Add the chopped onions and green peppers. Cook 4-5 minutes over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and cook an additional minute. Next, add the seasonings and sugar and stir to combine.
Add the tomatoes and chili beans. Take the cup of water and divide it between the two cans, swirl to rinse out the cans and add the water to the skillet. Bring chili to a simmer.
Reduce heat to medium-low but keep the chili simmering. Cover and cook 25-30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- For added flavor, we prefer not to drain or rinse the chili beans.
Calories: 276kcal | Carbohydrates: 28g | Protein: 21g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 49mg | Sodium: 822mg | Potassium: 896mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 12g | Vitamin A: 375IU | Vitamin C: 30.7mg | Calcium: 86mg | Iron: 4.5mg