Our Favorite Spinach Salad with Poppy Seed Dressing
Our Favorite Spinach Salad with Poppy Seed Dressing has fresh spinach, bacon, red onions, grapes, crunchy pecans, and chopped eggs, with a delicious poppy seed dressing!
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
Total Time 45 minutes
- 1 cup Red Wine Vinegar Poppy Seed Dressing
- 6 hard boiled eggs
- 1/2 pound baby spinach, we used triple washed organic
- 2.5 ounces fully cooked bacon, or approximately 10 slices cooked and drained ( 1 package)
- 3/4 pounds red grapes, rinsed and drained (approximately 2 cups)
- 1/2 medium red or purple onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped
Make a batch of our Red Wine Vinegar Poppy Seed Dressing (recipe link below) and allow it to chill in the fridge for 1/2 hour.
Boil and chop the eggs (link for perfect boiled eggs below).
While the eggs are cooking: Wash the spinach (if not pre-washed), cook and drain the bacon, rinse and drain the grapes, thinly slice the onion and chop the pecans.
To plate the salad: Start with a generous handful of spinach, then evenly divide the other ingredients between the plates. Drizzle the salad with the poppy seed dressing and serve cold.
- Pork-free option: Switch out the bacon for some roasted or crispy chicken pieces. We had this salad with chicken and it is very filling and a healthier dinner.
Calories: 395kcal | Carbohydrates: 22g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 30g | Saturated Fat: 14g | Cholesterol: 194mg | Sodium: 318mg | Potassium: 464mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 18g | Vitamin A: 3840IU | Vitamin C: 13.1mg | Calcium: 77mg | Iron: 2.1mg