Hello, I hope you had a nice weekend! We had our friends John and Gail over the other night and I was working that day, so John made some delicious Tender BBQ Pulled Pork. When I came home the house smelled so good! This recipe is similar to my BBQ Pulled Chicken but made with a pork loin.
We served our Tender BBQ Pulled Pork with homemade bread (recipe to come), sauteed asparagus & mushrooms and roasted, seasoned potatoes. Gail brought a delicious angel food cake dessert with berries, Greek yogurt and whip cream, thank you, Gail! It was an amazing meal and we enjoyed our evening with them. I am so blessed to have a husband that is a good cook. I want to thank John for making our meal with our friends so special & delicious!
Our delicious BBQ Pulled Pork is super tender, loaded with flavor and low in fat and calories! If you love BBQ dishes this one is sure to be one of your new favorites!
We hope you try this recipe and enjoy it as much as we do. If you make it, please snap a picture and tag us on social media @MySweetMission or #MySweetMission. We’d love to see it!
Also, please consider giving this recipe a star rating, sharing it or leaving a comment. Thanks, we really appreciate it!
Tender BBQ Pulled Pork
- 3 1/2 pounds pork loin
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon pepper, or to taste
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup Sweet Baby Ray's Barbeque Sauce, or to taste
- Rinse and cut off any fat from the pork loin. Then cut the pork into 3 pieces, this will help the flavors soak into the meat.
- Put a 1/2 cup of water into the slower cooker and place the pork in the slower cooker. Sprinkle with the salt and pepper.
- Dice the onion, green pepper and mince the garlic and spread them on top and in between the pork. Cover with the lid and turn the slower cooker on. Cook for 4 hours on high or for 8 hours on low.
- Take the pork pieces out and place them on a plate. Remove the juice and reserve. Put the pork pieces back into the slower cooker and gently separate the meat into large pieces with two forks.
- Add 1/2 of the reserved liquid (about a cup) and the BBQ sauce to the meat and gently stir, being careful not to over stir or mash the meat.
- Put the lid back on and keep the slow cooker on warm or low until ready to serve.
Take a peek at Savory ~ Sweet ~ Repeat? It’s our delicious eCookbook full of tried & true family favorite recipes: 25 savory & 25 sweet. All of them are from this blog and some our family has enjoyed for 50 & even 60 years! There are also a few newer family favorites as well. Our eCookbook downloads beautifully and is only $4.99. Plus, it comes with a 100% happiness guarantee. So, get yours today!