We have a really fun tradition every Christmas Eve where my Mom makes all of our family’s favorite appetizers. It’s a finger food buffet bursting with flavor and we all look forward to it every year! Today I’ll show you how to make our tasty Sweet & Spicy Chicken Bites. My Mom got this recipe from her friend, Ida about five years ago, we all loved it and this appetizer has been on the menu ever since. It’s the perfect addition to any party, like a super bowl party you may be planning.
Bake in a preheated 400 degree F oven for 25-30 minutes, or until golden brown and tender. Turn chicken pieces over after about 15 minutes. Stir gently in the pan to coat chicken before serving.
Use the USDA Minimum Internal Temperature Chart for cooking meat.
John & I enjoyed these sweet and spicy bites the other night with oven roasted cauliflower and steamed green beans. I hope you enjoy these Sweet & Spicy Chicken Bites as much as our family does, and they’re a big hit at your next party!
More delicious dinner recipes to enjoy!
We hope you try our Sweet & Spicy Chicken Bites and enjoy them as much as we do. If you make them, please snap a picture and tag us on social media @MySweetMission or #MySweetMission. We’d love to see it!
Also, please consider giving this recipe a star rating, sharing it or leaving a comment. Thanks, we really appreciate it!
Sweet & Spicy Chicken Bites
- 1 pound (453.59 g) boneless, skinless chicken breasts (2-3 breasts)
- 1/2 cup (60 g) baking mix, similar to Bisquick Baking mix
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.46 ml) salt, or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon (1.23 ml) pepper, or to taste
- 1/2 cup (109 g) vegetable oil, or enough to cover the bottom of a frying pan
Sweet & spicy sauce:
- 1 tablespoon (14.79 ml) butter
- 3 tablespoons (44.36 ml) honey
- 3 tablespoons (44.36 ml) hot sauce
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Remove any fat from the chicken and cut into 1 1/2" - 2" pieces.
- Put the baking mix, salt, and pepper in a gallon size plastic bag, close the bag and shake to mix ingredients. Add the chicken to the plastic bag and toss to coat it thoroughly.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat, being careful not to burn the oil. Place the chicken pieces in the hot oil and brown on both sides.
Sweet & spicy sauce:
- Heat the sauce ingredients in a microwavable bowl until the butter is melted, then stir to combine.
- Put the chicken pieces in a foil lined 9" x 13" baking pan and pour the sauce over evenly. Bake in a preheated oven for 25-30 minutes, or until golden brown and tender. Turn chicken pieces over after about 15 minutes.
- Stir gently in the pan to coat chicken before serving.
- You can also make a larger batch by using four pounds of boneless skinless chicken breasts (or chicken wings) for bigger parties. Just adjust the sauce accordingly too.
- Lining the pan with foil makes for easier cleanup because the sauce becomes thick and sticky when baked.
- Use the USDA Minimum Internal Temperature Chart for cooking meat.
This post contains affiliate links, which will add no extra cost to you. Thank you if you make a purchase – it will help support our blog! Please see our disclosure policy.