Today we’re sharing our fun and easy St. Patrick’s Day Rice Krispies Treats. Everyone loves Rice Krispies treats and ours have a cute green and white theme – just perfect for St. Paddy’s Day! These treats are made with a sticky, buttery marshmallow cream, then they’re dipped in rich white chocolate and decorated with adorable green and white sprinkles.
These bars are so ooey, gooey and delicious. And, the white chocolate makes these rice krispies treats extra yummy and pretty too!
Mmmm…they’re soft and chewy and the creamy white chocolate makes them even better than the original rice krispies treats.
In a large saucepan carefully melt the butter over medium heat. Lower heat to medium low, add the marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat.
Add a few drops of the green food coloring until you reach the desired color of green.
Add the Kellogg’s Rice Krispies cereal and stir until well coated.
Pour the mixture into a greased 9″ x 13″ pan. Using greased hands, or a piece of wax paper, evenly distribute the mixture in the pan.
Allow to cool completely before cutting into 2″ squares.
While the treats are cooling melt your chocolate and add the desired amount of green food coloring.
Stir until color is blended.
Dip the treats in the warm melted chocolate, sprinkle with the green and white decorations and place on parchment or wax paper until the chocolate is set.
We gave a cute little package of these goodies, along with some premium Starbucks coffee, to our neighbors for giving us some beautiful plants for our front garden. I’ll show you a nice way to package these treats as a yummy gift! I love giving food gifts, it gives a nice personal touch!
St. Patrick's Day Rice Krispies Treats
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 10 ounces marshmallows (approximately 40 marshmallows, or 4 cups mini marshmallows)
- Green food coloring (see note below)
- 6 cups Kellogg's Rice Krispies cereal (or other toasted rice cereal)
- 3/4 pound quality white chocolate (approximately 2 cups)
- 1 tablespoon green Nonpareils
- 1 tablespoon pearlized white Jimmies
Grease a 9" x 13" pan.
- In a large saucepan carefully melt the butter over medium heat. Lower heat to medium-low, add the marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat.
- Add a few drops of the green food coloring until you reach the desired color of green.
- Add the cereal and stir until well coated.
- Pour the mixture into a greased 9" x 13" pan and evenly distribute the mixture with greased hands or wax paper. Allow bars to cool completely before cutting into 2" squares.
- While the treats are cooling melt your chocolate and add the desired amount of green food coloring. Stir until color is blended.
- Dip the treats in the warm melted chocolate, sprinkle with the green and white decorations and place on parchment or wax paper until the chocolate is set.
- Allow the chocolate to set before serving or packaging as gifts.
- Measure the cereal before melting the marshmallows, so it's ready to add to the warm mixture all at once.
- I used 3 drops of food coloring for the treats and 3 drops for the white chocolate.
- Spray hands with baking spray before spreading the sticky mixture, so it doesn't stick to hands.
- If the treats are too soft, put them in the fridge for 5-10 minutes. This should make them a little stiffer and easier to dip.
- Store in an airtight container.
Recipe adapted from Kellogg’s The Original Rice Krispies Treats, this link will also provide their notes and microwave tips as well.
Chocoley has some of the most amazing products, like melting chocolates, ready to use gourmet centers, flavoring oils and so much more. Check out their products, resources, tips and recipes, then go ahead and make a delicious Chocoley chocolate creation for you and your family.
Looking for more delicious chocolate recipes?
Here are a few you might also enjoy!
To receive our free recipes & tips follow us through our social medias, or by email!
If you enjoyed our St. Patrick’s Day Rice Krispies Treats, please share & comment. Thanks, we appreciate you!
This post contains affiliate links, which will add no extra cost to you. Thank you if you make a purchase – it will help support our blog! Please see our disclosure policy.