Today I’m bringing you a savory Spinach Bacon Mac & Cheese. I’m fortunate that John is an excellent cook and he makes the best Mac & Cheese. When the kids were little we’d have this for dinner quit often and we all loved it! I recently challenged John to kick his recipe up by adding spinach & bacon, along with a crunchy topping. Well, he did and this recipe is amazing! We also use whole wheat noodles, for added fiber and protein, along with 2% milk & cheeses, so it’s a little healthier but still incredibly delicious!
Our savory Spinach Bacon Mac & Cheese has spinach, bacon, lots of gooey cheese with a crunchy topping!
Cook the bacon, drain and chop.
In a large pot, cook the macaroni according to the package but minus 2 minutes. Drain and put the noodles back in the pot.
Next, add all the ingredients except for the Panko bread crumbs and stir to combine thoroughly.
Pour into a greased baking dish.
Sprinkle with the Panko bread crumbs.
Spinach Bacon Mac & Cheese
- 4 slices bacon, cooked, drained and chopped
- 12 ounces whole wheat macaroni noodles (1 box)
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1 cup fresh spinach, chopped or 1 cup frozen, drained & chopped
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, or to taste
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 cups colby jack cheese, grated
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons Panko breadcrumbs
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Cook the bacon, drain and chop it.
- In a large pot, cook the macaroni according to the package but minus 2 minutes. Drain and put the noodles back in the pot. Add all the ingredients, except the Panko breadcrumbs and stir well.
- Pour into a round greased baking dish or a 9" x 13" pan and sprinkle with the Panko breadcrumbs.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 35-45 minutes, or until bubbly and the top is golden brown.
Looking for more delicious cheesy recipes?
Here are a couple you might also enjoy!
John & I will be first time Grandparents! Chelsea & Kenny are expecting a baby the end of March! We’re super excited and so happy to share this with you. 🙂 Enjoy your weekend friends.
If you enjoyed this recipe, please share and comment.
Thanks, we appreciate you!
This recipe is shared at: Fluster’s Creative Muster Party – Wow Us Wednesdays
This post may contain affiliate links to products that may assist you in making our Spinach Bacon Mac & Cheese. Please see our disclosure policy.