I hope you had a good weekend, ours was nice too. John & I LOVE spaghetti and we have it quite often! But I have to tell you, the first few years we were married, I would guess at the spices, until about 20 years ago. That’s when I figured out the spices so that it turns out perfect every time! My spaghetti recipe is also lower in fat and calories because we use Jennie O Turkey Store Sweet Italian Sausage, which is 65% lower in fat than regular pork sausage. We use a jar of spaghetti sauce, which makes it super easy too!
Our Spaghetti with Sweet Italian Turkey Sausage is a savory meal, served with whole wheat spaghetti noodles and sprinkled with Parmesan cheese and cracked pepper!
We love Jennie O’s Sweet Italian Turkey Sausage, it’s the best turkey sausage in our opinion.
After the turkey sausage has been browned add the rest of the ingredients, stir and bring to a simmer. Cover and continue to cook on simmer for about 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
This spaghetti sauce has all the right spices and it’s full of flavor! Just serve over your favorite pasta.
Our Spaghetti with Sweet Italian Turkey Sausage has healthy ingredients that will bring a smile to your family’s faces and warmth to their tummies too!
We hope you try our Spaghetti w/Sweet Italian Turkey Sausage and enjoy it as much as we do. If you make it, please snap a picture and tag us on social media @MySweetMission or #MySweetMission. We’d love to see it!
Also, please consider giving this recipe a star rating, sharing it or leaving a comment. Thanks, we really appreciate it!
Spaghetti w/Sweet Italian Turkey Sausage
- 19.5 ounces Jenni O Sweet Italian Turkey Sausage (1 package)
- 24 ounces pasta sauce, any flavor (1 jar)
- 3/4 cup water, to rinse out pasta sauce jar
- 14.5 ounces diced tomatoes (1 can)
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley
- 2 bay leaves
- 13.25 ounces whole wheat spaghetti noodles (1 package)
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, optional
- 1 teaspoon fresh cracked pepper, optional
- Remove the casing from turkey sausage, place it in a large frying pan and break it up with a spatula, as it cooks. Brown and cook thoroughly over medium heat.
- Add the jar of pasta sauce, water, diced tomatoes, sugar, salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, dried oregano, parsley and bay leaves.
- Stir, bring to a simmer over medium heat. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Cook the spaghetti noodles according to the package and drain.
Looking for more delicious homestyle recipes? Then take a look at Savory ~ Sweet ~ Repeat. It’s our delicious eCookbook with 50 tried & true family favorite recipes: 25 savory & 25 sweet. All of them are from this blog and some our family has enjoyed for over 50 years! There are also a few newer family favorites as well. Our eCookbook downloads beautifully and is only $4.99. Plus, it comes with a 100% happiness guarantee. So, get yours today!