We love Chinese food, especially a really good orange chicken dish! So, when my Mom came across this recipe for orange chicken I just had to give it a try. But, I added a pinch of red pepper flakes, because we love spicy foods, and this slow cooker spicy orange chicken turned out awesome!
Forget the Chinese take out for the big game and make your family and friends a batch of this amazing slow cooker spicy orange chicken.
Served with some wholesome brown rice and steamed broccoli, this spicy orange chicken dinner is both healthy and delicious, making it a superstar winner!
We hope you try this recipe and enjoy it as much as we do. If you make it, please snap a picture and tag us on social media @MySweetMission or #MySweetMission. We’d love to see it!
Also, please consider giving this recipe a star rating, sharing it or leaving a comment. Thanks, we really appreciate it!
Slow Cooker Spicy Orange Chicken
- 4 small boneless, skinless chicken breasts (approximately 1 1/4 pounds)
- 1/2 cup orange marmalade
- 1/4 cup BBQ sauce, we love Sweet Baby Ray's
- 4 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes, optional or to taste
- Place the chicken in a slow cooker, cover and cook on high for 3 hours.
- Remove the breasts, drain the liquid, then return the breasts to the slow cooker.
- In a bowl mix the orange marmalade, BBQ sauce, soy sauce and red pepper flakes together. Pour mixture over the chicken, cover the slow cooker and cook on high for an additional 30 minutes.
- Put the chicken on individual plates and spoon sauce over before serving.
Recipe adapted from MyFridgeFood.
Take a peek at Savory ~ Sweet ~ Repeat? It’s our delicious eCookbook full of tried & true family favorite recipes: 25 savory & 25 sweet. All of them are from this blog and some our family has enjoyed for 50 & even 60 years! There are also a few newer family favorites as well. Our eCookbook downloads beautifully and is only $4.99. Plus, it comes with a 100% happiness guarantee. So, get yours today!