One of our family’s all-time favorite meals, and is requested for special family events is my Mom’s Hungarian Goulash. She learned how to make this amazing Hungarian dish many years ago from my Hungarian Grandmother. The other day I was wanting something similar but made with hamburger and macaroni noodles. So, I looked online and found a couple goulash recipes that sounded really good, and came up with this super delicious recipe for Savory Hamburger Goulash!
In a large pot brown the lean ground beef over medium-high heat.
Add the chopped onions, green pepper, and minced garlic. I love my enameled cast iron 6-qt dutch oven because foods cook evenly and they don’t stick.
Stir in the uncooked macaroni noodles.
We really appreciate you taking the time to check out our Savory Hamburger Goulash and hope you enjoy it as much as we do! If you make it, please snap a picture and tag us on social media @MySweetMission or #MySweetMission. We’d love to see it!
Also, please consider giving this recipe a star rating, sharing it or leaving a comment. Thanks, we really appreciate it!
Savory Hamburger Goulash
- 1 pound extra lean ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 medium green pepper, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 15 ounces tomato sauce
- 14.5 ounces (1 can) diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon dried Italian herbs
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon Emeril's seasoning or Lowry's seasoning salt, or to taste (I used Emeril's seasoning)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1 cup uncooked macaroni noodles, whole wheat or regular
- In a large pot brown the lean ground beef over medium-high heat.
- Add the chopped onions, green pepper, and minced garlic. Continue to cook over medium-high heat until the onions are translucent, approximately 5 minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients, except for the uncooked macaroni noodles, and bring the mixture to a boil. Reduce the heat to low, cover and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the uncooked macaroni. Cover and simmer for approximately 25 additional minutes, or until the noodles are tender, stirring occasionally again. Remove the bay leaves and serve.
Recipe adapted from All Recipes
Take a peek at Savory ~ Sweet ~ Repeat? It’s our delicious eCookbook full of tried & true family favorite recipes: 25 savory & 25 sweet. All of them are from this blog and some our family has enjoyed for 50 & even 60 years! There are also a few newer family favorites as well. Our eCookbook downloads beautifully and is only $4.99. Plus, it comes with a 100% happiness guarantee. So, get yours today!