It’s Friday and today I’m sharing an amazing recipe for Saltine Cracker Toffee Bars! My sister-in-law, Mary would bring these sweet & salty toffee bars every Christmas Eve. I probably ate half of them, because I love them so much! I never did get her recipe, but a little more than a year ago I found a recipe for these Saltine Cracker Toffee Bars. Of course, I tweaked it a bit, so they’re just perfect to share with you!
Cover a 15″ x 10″ x 1″ baking sheet with aluminum foil and line up the saltine crackers.
Combine the butter and the brown sugar in a saucepan. Bring to a boil and cook for four (4) minutes. Pour the hot toffee evenly over the saltine crackers.
Bake for 5-6 minutes in a preheated 400 degrees F oven, or until bubbly all over.
Turn the oven off and remove the baking sheet from the oven. Sprinkle the chocolate chips over the hot toffee. Put the baking sheet back in the oven for one (1) minute. Take the baking sheet out of the oven again, and spread the soft chocolate with the back of a spoon.
Sprinkle with chopped cashews, or your favorite roasted & salted nuts. Allow to cool and the chocolate to set up before cutting into bars.
Cut into bars with a sharp knife or break into pieces. These Saltine Cracker Toffee Bars are perfect for holiday parties or to give as gifts!
We hope you try our Saltine Cracker Toffee Bars and enjoy them as much as we do. If you make them, please snap a picture and tag us on social media @MySweetMission or #MySweetMission. We’d love to see it!
Also, please consider giving this recipe a star rating, sharing it or leaving a comment. Thanks, we really appreciate it!
Saltine Cracker Toffee Bars
- 35 saltine crackers, also known as soda crackers
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
Chocolate topping & nuts:
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup chopped salted cashews, or other roasted & salted nuts
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F and cover a 15" x 10" x 1" baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Line up the saltine crackers.
- Combine the butter and brown sugar in a saucepan over medium heat. Stirring constantly, bring to a boil and cook for 4 minutes. Turn the heat down to medium-low about halfway through the cooking time.
- Pour the hot toffee mixture over the crackers, spreading it evenly with a spatula.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 5-6 minutes, or until bubbly all over. Watch carefully, so not to burn the toffee.
Chocolate topping & nuts:
- Turn the oven off, remove the baking sheet from the oven and sprinkle both types of chocolate chips over the hot toffee. Place the baking sheet back in the oven for 1 minute (with the oven off), just to melt the chocolate chips.
- Once the chocolate chips are soft, spread over the toffee with the back of a spoon.
- Sprinkle the chopped salted cashews, or your favorite roasted & salted nuts, over the melted chocolate chips.
- Refrigerate 1 hour, or until the chocolate is set. Cut with a sharp knife or break into pieces. Eat and enjoy!
Looking for more delicious homestyle recipes? Then take a look at Savory ~ Sweet ~ Repeat. It’s our delicious eCookbook with 50 tried & true family favorite recipes: 25 savory & 25 sweet. All of them are from this blog and some our family has enjoyed for over 50 years! There are also a few newer family favorites as well. Our eCookbook downloads beautifully and is only $4.99. Plus, it comes with a 100% happiness guarantee. So, get yours today!