Our Refreshing Strawberry Banana Smoothie is a deliciously cool and creamy drink, made with juicy strawberries, banana, coconut oil and a touch of honey and Stevia in The Raw. We were very fortunate to get a Nutri Ninja Pro Deluxe from our kids for Christmas. We absolutely LOVE it and use it all the time! It’s powerful, easy to use and makes delicious extra creamy smoothies!
For the past few months we’ve been experimenting with smoothie recipes and today’s recipe is one of our all favorites so far. It’s less than 250 calories and full of flavor, so it’s a great smoothie recipe to have on hand!
You wouldn’t believe how good this smoothie tastes until you try it!
First, you’ll want to get yourself a Nutri Ninja Pro Deluxe. Trust me, you want the best, just look at its features!
- 900 Watts Professional Power
- Powerful Nutrient & Vitamin Extraction – the power to unlock the natural benefits of fruits & veggies
- Ninja Pro Extractor Blades crush through ice, seeds, skins and stems for a smooth, even consistency
- Frozen Blending – crush through ice and frozen fruit for cold, healthy drinks and smoothies
- 18oz. & 24oz. & 12oz. to go cups, sip & seal lids and a 30 recipe & wellness guide
Put the ingredients in the blender in the order given. Ok, I admit the banana looks a little, well, shall we say not so good. That’s because we used a frozen banana but frozen fruits help to thicken smoothies without using ice.
Have you ever tried Stevia in The Raw? It’s a zero-calorie sweetener which is an extract from the sweet leaves of the stevia plant. You can use it to sweeten hot or cold drinks or sprinkle it on cereal. You can also bake and cook with it too.
Note: You’ll want to add the honey last because the honey will run quickly to the bottom. Which, once you seal the container and turn it over the bottom becomes the top and it’s hard to get the sticky honey off of the top.
Just pulse until the ingredients are extra smooth and creamy – that’s it! Now pour your yummy smoothies into glasses and enjoy!
So much rich and thick frosty goodness in every sip and the touch of coconut oil is not only good for you but gives it a subtle coconut taste too. We had these the other day and they were so refreshing!
Often times we have a smoothie instead of eating lunch, to help cut calories and for a high protein pick-me-up during the day! We hope we’ve inspired you to try our Refreshing Strawberry Banana Smoothie recipe. It’s a great way to start your day, cut calories by replacing it with one of your meals, or enjoy it as a delicious dessert too!
If you make it, please snap a picture and tag us on social media @MySweetMission or #MySweetMission. We’d love to see it!
Also, please consider giving this recipe a star rating, sharing it or leaving a comment. Thanks, we really appreciate it!
Refreshing Strawberry Banana Smoothie
- 6-8 strawberries, preferably frozen
- 1 medium banana, preferably frozen
- 1 cup milk, we prefer 1% milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 teaspoons powdered Stevia in The Raw, or 2 packets
- 4 teaspoons coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 cup whey protein powder (1 large scoop)
- Put the ingredients in the blender in the order given and pulse until extra creamy and smooth.
- Pour into glasses and enjoy!
Take a peek at Savory ~ Sweet ~ Repeat? It’s our delicious eCookbook full of tried & true family favorite recipes: 25 savory & 25 sweet. All of them are from this blog and some our family has enjoyed for 50 & even 60 years! There are also a few newer family favorites as well. Our eCookbook downloads beautifully and is only $4.99. Plus, it comes with a 100% happiness guarantee. So, get yours today!
Benefits of smoothies:
- Facts on the Health Benefits of Smoothies by Live Strong
- Health Benefits of Fruit Smoothies by SFGate
- 5 Health Benefits of Smoothies by Live Lighter
Looking for more delicious strawberry recipes?
Here are a few you might also enjoy!
This post contains affiliate links, which will add no extra cost to you. Thank you if you make a purchase – it will help support our blog! Please see our disclosure policy.