Summer is quickly approaching and crisp delicious salads are important for healthy eating. So, today I have a Red Wine Vinegar Poppy Seed Dressing that goes perfectly on almost any salad!
This dressing is slightly sweet and tangy and the red wine vinegar gives it a pretty soft pink color.
We enjoyed this delicious dressing on a salad the other night for dinner (salad recipe coming soon) and it was absolutely amazing!
Every bite was full of flavor and so incredibly good!
Place all the ingredients in a container with a tightly fitted lid. You don’t need a fancy container, just one with a lid that fits well. A little shake time and you’re good to go!
Mmmm…I love poppy seeds! Maybe I’m partial to them because my Mom has been making my Grandma’s Hungarian poppy seed kieflies my whole life!
And, I have to say, this red wine vinegar poppy seed dressing is just perfect on our salads.
Make sure the lid is on securely and shake until the sugar is dissolved, approximately 30-45 seconds.
Our family has been using this dressing recipe for quite a few years and has tried it on many different salads.
Red Wine Vinegar Poppy Seed Dressing
- 1/2 cup (100 g) white sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon (3.7 ml) salt
- 1 teaspoon (4.93 ml) dry ground mustard
- 1 tablespoon (14.79 ml) poppy seeds
- 1/4 cup (62.5 g) water
- 1/2 cup (119.5 g) red wine vinegar
- 3/4 cup (163.5 g) vegetable oil
- Place all the ingredients in a container with a tightly fitted lid. Make sure the lid is on securely and shake until the sugar is dissolved, approximately 30-45 seconds.
- Chill in the fridge for approximately 1/2 hour and shake before serving.
- You can also whisk the ingredients together until well blended. Cover, chill in the fridge and whisk again before serving.
- Nutrition is based on 2 tablespoons/30 ml of dressing.
- Yields: 2 cups
Other delicious recipes you may enjoy!
We hope you try our Red Wine Vinegar Poppy Seed Dressing on your next salad. Then stop back and let us know how you liked or maybe loved it!