Impress your family and friends with our Pineapple Carrot Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting. They’re super moist, incredibly delicious, and topped with the best cream cheese frosting! Oh, and they’re easy to make too!
Our family loves carrot cake and these cupcakes are a mini version of our favorite recipe. I think cupcakes are the best because everyone gets a cute little dessert all to themselves.
Who doesn’t LOVE cream cheese frosting and this yummy frosting has chopped walnuts mixed in and sprinkled on top as well. The nuts add a nice flavor and texture and makes these pineapple carrot cupcakes doubly delicious!
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line muffin tins with cupcake papers.
Whisk together the dry ingredients, or blend on low speed. Add the wet ingredients and mix until moist, then blend on medium for an additional two (2) minutes. Yep, that’s it!
For higher peaked cupcakes, allow the batter to sit 5-10 minutes.
Note: The longer the batter sat the higher the peak on the cupcakes, because the 3rd batch baked up the highest.
Using a (3 oz) cookie scooper fill the cupcake papers about 3/4 full. Bake in a preheated 350 degrees F oven for 20 minutes, or until the tops are golden brown and a toothpick comes out just a little sticky.
Allow the cupcakes to stand 5 minutes in their tins.
Then transfer them to a cooling rack.
Now, these naked cupcakes are also delightful as breakfast muffins, especially with a hot cup of French pressed coffee. But, we’re going to top them with the best cream cheese frosting and sprinkle them with walnuts. But, either way they’re amazing!
Ok, let’s have some fun and make these cupcakes pretty! Shall we?
Whip up the cream cheese frosting and spread it on top of the cupcakes. Next, lightly sprinkle with finely chopped walnuts, then put a piece of dried pineapple on top.
These Pineapple Carrot Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting are absolute perfection and they’re so lovely sitting on my Grandmother’s antique platter!
With Easter just a few weeks away, these pineapple carrot cupcakes would be a great dessert for your Easter celebration.
Pineapple Carrot Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting
- 3 cups unbleached or all-purpose flour
- 2 cups white sugar
- 1/3 cups ground oats
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups carrots (finely grated)
- 1 cup crushed pineapple w/juice, (1/2 of a 20 oz can)
Cream cheese frosting:
- 8 ounces light cream cheese (1 package, room temperature)
- 1/2 cup softened butter
- 1 pound powdered sugar (approximately 3 3/4 cups)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cup walnuts, finely chopped (reserve 1/2 cup for the tops)
- 30 pieces dried pineapple (approximately 6 oz)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line tins with cupcake papers.
- Whisk together the dry ingredients, or blend on low speed. Add the wet ingredients and mix until moist, then blend on medium for an additional 2 minutes.
- Using a (3 oz) cookie scooper fill the cupcake papers about 3/4 full. Bake in a preheated 350 degrees F oven for 20 minutes, or until the tops are golden brown and a toothpick comes out just a little sticky.
- Allow the cupcakes to stand 5 minutes in their tins before transferring to a cooling rack. Cool completely before frosting.
Cream cheese frosting:
- Put the cream cheese, softened butter, confectioners sugar, vanilla extract and 1 cup of the chopped walnuts into a mixing bowl and mix on low until thoroughly blended. Then continue on medium and high speeds for 1 minute each.
- Spread the frosting on top of the cupcakes, lightly sprinkle with finely chopped walnuts, then put a piece of dried pineapple on top.
- How to Grind Oats
- How to Freeze Carrots
- Toothpick Tip
- Mini Food Processor (great for grating carrots and finely chopping walnuts)