We’re here in Washington state for the birth of our first granddaughter, Laila. If you missed my last post you can read about our little Laila girl and the baby shower favors we made for their shower. The day Chelsea & Kenny brought Laila home I made these Pastel Springtime Cookies because Laila told me she loves pink and rainbow colors, well, if she could talk she would have told me so. They’re easy to make and the colors are perfect for springtime parties, or just for a pretty and delicious dessert.
Make the sugar cookie dough (see instructions below). Using a one (1) ounce cookie scooper make small balls and roll them in the pink sugar sprinkles and place them on an un-greased cookie sheet.
Pastel Springtime Cookies
- 1 cup softened butter
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 1/4 cups unbleached or all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons Wilton Pink Sugar Sprinkles, or assorted spring colors
- 2 tablespoons Wilton Rainbow Nonpareil Sprinkles
Preheat oven to 360 degrees F. I find this temperature to be perfect for many gourmet cookies.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the butter, sugar, and salt. Beat on medium speed until creamy.
- Add the eggs and vanilla extract. Mix on low until the eggs are blended in, then mix at speed 2 or medium for about a minute, then speed 4 or high for another minute. The mixture should be a pale yellow color and very fluffy.
- Flour tip: Add the first cup of flour on low or stir speed, along with the baking powder and baking soda. This will ensure the small dry ingredients are incorporated well and eliminates sifting the dry ingredients. Add the remainder of flour one (1) cup at a time and continue on low or stir speed, just until the flour disappears.
- Using a 1-ounce cookie scooper make small balls and dip the tops or roll them in the pink sugar sprinkles. Do the same with the rainbow nonpareil sprinkles and place on ungreased cookie sheet about 2" apart.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 8-10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool completely before storing in an airtight container.
Recommended products & tips for my Pastel Springtime Cookies:
- Wilton Pink Sugar Sprinkles, or assorted spring colors
- Wilton Rainbow Nonpareil Sprinkles
- My Top 10 Tips for Perfect Cookies
Other delicious springtime recipes you may also enjoy!
I hope you enjoyed these Pastel Springtime Cookies and thank you so much for reading. Have a wonderful day and see you next time on My Sweet Mission.