Are you looking for an easy, healthy and delicious side dish? Then look no further because my Oven Roasted Cauliflower takes this ordinary vegetable, to a whole new level. It’s a perfect addition to any meal and I could honestly eat this side dish at least once a week. Even people that don’t care for cauliflower, like John, seem to love it! I’ll share with you my tips for roasting one head of cauliflower or mixing and roasting two different colors of cauliflower, like the white and cheddar (orange) colored ones in the first few photos.
For a larger batch, you will need two heads of cauliflower (different colors are optional, but pretty), an onion (red, purple or white), salt, pepper, garlic cloves, olive oil and Parmesan cheese.
Rinse and cut the cauliflower, chop the onion and garlic cloves and place them in a large baking pan (shown here is a 15″ x 10 1/2″ x 2″ pan).
Note: You may want to use 2 large pans for faster & better roasting.
Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with the salt and pepper. Mix all ingredients together well and spread out evenly. Bake in a preheated 400 degree F oven for 50-60 minutes (when using one large baking pan), or until tender and light golden brown. Toss and stir the cauliflower after 25-30 minutes.
Sprinkle with a little grated Parmesan cheese before serving.
For a smaller batch, you will need one head of cauliflower, salt, pepper, olive oil and Parmesan cheese. Rinse and cut the cauliflower and place it in a large baking pan (15″ x 10 1/2″ x 2″). Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with the salt and pepper. Mix all ingredients together well and spread out evenly.
Note: You can see how there’s much more room for the cauliflower to brown and roast when you use one head of cauliflower per large baking pan.
We enjoyed this oven roasted cauliflower with our Sweet & Spicy Chicken the other night and it was the perfect side dish.
We hope you try our Oven Roasted Cauliflower and enjoy it as much as we do. If you make it, please snap a picture and tag us on social media @MySweetMission or #MySweetMission. We’d love to see it!
Also, please consider giving this recipe a star rating, sharing it or leaving a comment. Thanks, we really appreciate it!
Oven Roasted Cauliflower
- 2 heads of cauliflower, (1) white & (1) cheddar (different colors are optional but pretty)
- 1 medium onion, red, purple or white
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon pepper, or to taste
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Rinse and cut the cauliflower, chop the onion, mince the garlic cloves and place them in a large baking pan (15" x 10 1/2" x 2").
- Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper, then mix all ingredients together well and spread out evenly.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 50-60 minutes, or until tender and light golden brown. Toss and stir the cauliflower after 25-30 minutes, so it browns and caramelizes on all sides.
- Sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese and serve.
Here’s an interesting article by Saveur.com about Cheddar (orange colored) Cauliflower.
Take a peek at Savory ~ Sweet ~ Repeat? It’s our delicious eCookbook full of tried & true family favorite recipes: 25 savory & 25 sweet. All of them are from this blog and some our family has enjoyed for 50 & even 60 years! There are also a few newer family favorites as well. Our eCookbook downloads beautifully and is only $4.99. Plus, it comes with a 100% happiness guarantee. So, get yours today!