This Oriental Chicken Salad is crunchy and savory with the perfect touch of sweetness. It’s hardy enough to serve as a meal or make it without the chicken and it’s a perfect side dish. Forget the coleslaw this Thanksgiving and make this crunchy salad for your guests, they’ll love you for it! If you enjoy recipes with an Asian flare, then this dish will have your taste buds doing the happy dance.
For the Oriental dressing: Place the ingredients in a shaker container, put the lid on tightly and shake until well blended. Place the dressing in the fridge while cooking the chicken and toasting the noodles & nuts.
In a large bowl put the shredded coleslaw, the toasted noodles & nuts and the chopped chicken, then drizzle the dressing. It’s looking yummy – we’re almost done!
Toss well to coat evenly and serve immediately for a super crisp and crunchy salad.
We recently brought this salad (as a side dish, without the chicken) to a family beach picnic (I know, how fun!) and everyone loved it! We also had this amazing salad last night as a complete meal.
Do you love Asian inspired recipes? We sure do, just the mention of this salad and John starts salivating! 🙂
We hope you try our Oriental Chicken Salad and enjoy it as much as we do. If you make it, please snap a picture and tag us on social media @MySweetMission or #MySweetMission. We’d love to see it!
Also, please consider giving this recipe a star rating, sharing it or leaving a comment. Thanks, we really appreciate it!
Oriental Chicken Salad
- 1 Oriental seasoning packet from the Ramen soup package
- 1/4 cup vinegar, white or apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 cup cooked chicken, chopped (approximately one small chicken breast)
- 1 pound package shredded coleslaw mix
- 3 ounces Ramen Noodles, Oriental flavor (1 packet)
- 3/4 cup slivered almonds
- 3/4 cup salted and roasted sunflower seeds
- Place the dressing ingredients in a shaker container, put the lid on tightly and shake until well blended. Place the dressing in the fridge while cooking the chicken and toasting the noodles & nuts.
- Oven roast or cook the chicken, that's been lightly seasoned with salt and pepper. Allow the chicken to cool, then cut into pieces.
- Crush the Oriental noodles (in the bag) and put them in a large pan, add the slivered almonds & sunflower seeds. Cook over medium-high heat about 5 minutes, stirring gently to avoid burning. You'll be able to smell the nuts and noodles when they're toasted.
- In a large bowl put the shredded coleslaw mix, the toasted noodle & nut mixture, and the chopped chicken.
- Drizzle the dressing and toss well to coat evenly. Serve immediately for a super crisp and crunchy salad.
Looking for more delicious homestyle recipes? Then take a look at Savory ~ Sweet ~ Repeat. It’s our delicious eCookbook with 50 tried & true family favorite recipes: 25 savory & 25 sweet. All of them are from this blog and some our family has enjoyed for over 50 years! There are also a few newer family favorites as well. Our eCookbook downloads beautifully and is only $4.99. Plus, it comes with a 100% happiness guarantee. So, get yours today!