This Oriental Chicken Salad is crunchy and savory with the perfect touch of sweetness. It’s hardy enough to serve as a meal or make it without the chicken and it’s a perfect side dish. Forget the coleslaw this Thanksgiving and make this crunchy salad for your guests, they’ll love you for it! If you enjoy recipes with an Asian flair, then this dish will have your taste buds doing the happy dance.
For the Oriental dressing: Place the ingredients in a shaker container, put the lid on tightly and shake until well blended. Place the dressing in the fridge while cooking the chicken and toasting the noodles & nuts.
To toast the noodle & nut mixture: Crush the Oriental noodles and put them in a large pan, add the slivered almonds & sunflower seeds. Cook over medium-high heat, stirring gently to avoid burning.
In a large bowl put the shredded coleslaw, the toasted noodles & nuts and the chopped chicken, then drizzle the dressing. It’s looking yummy – we’re almost done!
Toss well to coat evenly and serve immediately for a super crisp and crunchy salad.
We recently brought this salad (as a side dish, without the chicken) to a family beach picnic (I know, how fun!) and everyone loved it! We also had this amazing salad last night as a complete meal.
Do you love Asian inspired recipes? We sure do, just the mention of this salad and John starts salivating! 🙂
More delicious chicken recipes to enjoy!
We hope you try our Oriental Chicken Salad and enjoy it as much as we do. If you make it, please snap a picture and tag us on social media @MySweetMission or #MySweetMission. We’d love to see it!
Also, please consider giving this recipe a star rating in the comments below, and sharing it on social media. Thanks, we really appreciate it!
Oriental Chicken Salad
- 1 (1 ) Oriental seasoning packet from the Ramen soup package
- 1/4 cup (63.75 g) vinegar, white or apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup (72.67 g) vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup (66.67 g) white sugar
- 3 (3 ) green onions, chopped
- 1 cup (140 g) cooked chicken, chopped (approximately one small chicken breast)
- 1 pound (453.59 g) package shredded coleslaw mix
- 3 ounces (85.05 g) Ramen Noodles, Oriental flavor (1 packet)
- 3/4 cup (81 g) slivered almonds
- 3/4 cup (101.25 g) salted and roasted sunflower seeds
- Place the dressing ingredients in a shaker container, put the lid on tightly and shake until well blended. Place the dressing in the fridge while cooking the chicken and toasting the noodles & nuts.
- Oven roast or cook the chicken, that's been lightly seasoned with salt and pepper. Allow the chicken to cool, then cut into pieces.
- Crush the Oriental noodles (in the bag) and put them in a large pan, add the slivered almonds & sunflower seeds. Cook over medium-high heat about 5 minutes, stirring gently to avoid burning. You'll be able to smell the nuts and noodles when they're toasted.
- In a large bowl put the shredded coleslaw mix, the toasted noodle & nut mixture, and the chopped chicken.
- Drizzle the dressing and toss well to coat evenly. Serve immediately for a super crisp and crunchy salad.
- Use the USDA Minimum Internal Temperature Chart for cooking meat.