These delicious Oatmeal Golden Raisin Walnut Cookies are chewy and full of wholesome oats, sweet golden raisins, and crunchy walnuts. If oatmeal raisin cookies bring a smile to your face, then you’re going to LOVE these cookies, my friend!
Our Oatmeal Golden Raisin Walnut Cookies are soft and chewy with a touch of cinnamon! They’re a healthier cookie choice because they’re made with some of the tastiest and best ingredients.
Looking for a yummy way to add more fiber to your life? Well, these Oatmeal Golden Raisin Walnut Cookies are loaded with 4 cups of heart-healthy rolled oats!
Make up the dough but save a handful of the golden raisins and chopped walnuts for the last couple of cookies. This way every cookie and every bite is full of the yummy mix-ins! Is it just me, or is oatmeal cookie dough one of the best cookie doughs around?
Scoop the dough using a 2-ounce cookie scooper, then pop the cookie sheets in a 360 degrees preheated oven. I know, 360 degrees F seems a little odd and why not just bake them at 350 degrees F? Well, I did a lot of testing (years ago) and found this temperature works really well for gourmet cookies.
Bake, cool a few minutes and enjoy! I love to make cookies and they happen to be my specialty, because of the thousands of gourmet cookies I’ve baked over the years. Sounds crazy, but I really have baked thousands of cookies.
Here’s a little fun recap of my cookie history; I’ve made wedding cookie favors for a few family members, similar to our daughter, Chelsea’s wedding, several mission fundraisers and more recently my two years of baking at a commercial bakery. So, if you’re looking for scrumptious, tried & true cookie recipes, you’ve come to the right food blog!
Just look at all those wholesome rolled oats, sweet golden raisins, and crunchy walnuts. Mmm…these cookies are so chewy and good! John & I try to eat more whole grains, dried fruits and nuts and these cookies definitely fit the bill.
We hope you try our Oatmeal Golden Raisin Walnut Cookies and enjoy them as much as we do. If you make them, please snap a picture and tag us on social media @MySweetMission or #MySweetMission. We’d love to see it!
Also, please consider giving this recipe a star rating, sharing it or leaving a comment. Thanks, we really appreciate it!
Oatmeal Golden Raisin Walnut Cookies
- 1 cup softened butter
- 1 cup brown sugar, lightly packed
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cup unbleached or all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 cups old-fashioned rolled oats, or quick oats
- 1 cup golden raisins, or regular raisins
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
Preheat oven to 360 degrees F. This is the temperature I prefer for gourmet cookies.
- In a large mixing bowl cream the butter, sugars, and salt. Mix on low for about 45 seconds, then medium for an additional 45 seconds.
- Add the eggs & vanilla extract. Mix on low until the eggs are blended in, then at medium for 45 seconds and then high for 45 seconds. The mixture should be a pale yellow color and very fluffy.
- Add the flour, along with the baking powder, baking soda, and cinnamon on low. Then add the rolled oats and mix on low again, just until blended.
- Add the golden raisins and chopped walnuts, mixing on low, just until blended.
- Use a 2-ounce cookie scooper and place the dough on ungreased nonstick baking sheets about 2" apart. Press the dough down slightly.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 11-13 minutes, or until the tops start to crackle and the cookies are a light golden color.
- If your raisins are old and hard, soak them in warm water for a few minutes then drain well. They should be plump and juicy again.
- For crispier oatmeal cookies: Decrease the rolled oats to 3 1/2 cups and press the dough down about halfway before baking.
- Serve warm or cool completely before storing in an airtight container.
- These cookies also freeze well in an airtight container for up to 6 months.
Take a peek at Savory ~ Sweet ~ Repeat? It’s our delicious eCookbook full of tried & true family favorite recipes: 25 savory & 25 sweet. All of them are from this blog and some our family has enjoyed for 50 & even 60 years! There are also a few newer family favorites as well. Our eCookbook downloads beautifully and is only $4.99. Plus, it comes with a 100% happiness guarantee. So, get yours today!