Today I’m sharing the BEST Nutty Peanut Butter Cookie recipe, well, that is according to my family and friends. I’ve been making these PB cookies for about 20 years now, everyone loves them and they always turn out perfect! These Nutty Peanut Butter Cookies are soft and chewy and loaded with peanut butter taste. Today’s recipe will be my 4th cookie recipe for my new Gourmet Cookie Series, so let’s get started.
I use Jif crunchy peanut butter in the dough and chopped peanuts on top to make these Nutty Peanut Butter Cookies the BEST!
Mix up the dough (see instructions below).
Take a small cookie scooper and press half of the dough balls into the granulated peanuts and the other half without. Place 1 1/2″ apart on an ungreased nonstick cookie sheet.
I like to dip half of the dough balls in chopped peanuts. It adds a nice texture for those that like nutty cookies. Plus, they look pretty on a platter.
Bake at 360 degrees F for 9-10 minutes.
Hot out of the oven, they’re light golden brown and crackled on top. Look at those crunchy peanuts on top of soft and chewy peanut butter cookies!
Nutty Peanut Butter Cookies
- 1 cup softened butter
- 1 cup peanut butter, (we prefer Jif crunchy peanut butter)
- 2 cups white sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 2 1/2 cups unbleached or all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup granulated peanuts, chopped peanuts
Preheat an oven to 360 degrees F. I find this temperature to be perfect for many gourmet cookies.
- In a large mixing bowl cream the butter, peanut butter, sugar, and salt.
- Add the eggs. Mix on low until the eggs are blended, then on medium speed for about a minute and then on high speed for another minute. The mixture should be a pale yellow color and very fluffy.
- Next, add the first cup of flour, along with the baking powder and baking soda and mix on low speed. Continuing on low speed, add the remainder of the flour until the flour just disappears.
- Use a small cookie scooper, then dip 1/2 of the dough balls into the granulated peanuts. Press the dough about half way down, unless you like your cookies puffier. Put the dough on ungreased, nonstick baking sheets about 1 1/2" apart.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 9-10 minutes, or until the tops start to crackle and the cookies are light golden brown.
- Cool on baking sheets for 10 minutes before transferring them to a cooling rack.
For perfect cookies, every time use My Top 10 Tips for Perfect Cookies.
Take a peek at Savory ~ Sweet ~ Repeat? It’s our delicious eCookbook full of tried & true family favorite recipes: 25 savory & 25 sweet. All of them are from this blog and some our family has enjoyed for 50 & even 60 years! There are also a few newer family favorites as well. Our eCookbook downloads beautifully and is only $4.99. Plus, it comes with a 100% happiness guarantee. So, get yours today!
Looking for more delicious cookie recipes?
Here are a few you might also enjoy!
If you enjoyed our Nutty Peanut Butter Cookies, please share & comment. Thanks, we appreciate you! If you Love peanut butter cookies & chocolate? Then check out my Chocolate Covered PB Cookies. My Peanut Butter cookies are really delicious but decorating them with chocolate takes them to a whole new level!
The latest countdown for our Thailand mission trip is less than 2 days away!!! Wow, it’s coming like a freight train and I’m ready to go! 🙂
This post contains affiliate links, which will add no extra cost to you. Thank you if you make a purchase – it will help support our blog! Please see our disclosure policy.