If carrots are one of your favorite veggies then you’re going to love these Maple Glazed Carrots! They’re warm and buttery with a touch of maple goodness. Everyone knows that carrots are a superfood, high in vitamin A and other nutrients that are good for your health. Plus, they’re so delicious, especially when they’re cooked in a glaze made from a touch of butter and pure maple syrup.
Our warm buttery Maple Glazed Carrots are the perfect side dish for almost any meal!
One skillet with a few simple and pure ingredients come together to make these amazing maple glazed carrots.
In a large skillet combine the baby carrots, maple syrup, butter, water, salt, and pepper.
Bring to a boil over high heat. Stir and reduce heat to medium-low, with the skillet partially covered. Cook until the carrots are tender and the liquid is reduced to a sticky glaze. Remove from heat. Sprinkle with parsley (optional), stir gently and serve.
Oh…I love carrots, especially these maple glazed ones! I could eat the whole bowl – they’re just so good!
We hope you try our Maple Glazed Carrots and enjoy them as much as we do. If you make them, please snap a picture and tag us on social media @MySweetMission or #MySweetMission. We’d love to see it!
Also, please consider giving this recipe a star rating, sharing it or leaving a comment. Thanks, we really appreciate it!
Maple Glazed Carrots
- 1 pound baby carrots
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper, or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley, optional
- In a large skillet combine the baby carrots, maple syrup, butter, water, salt, and pepper.
- Bring to a boil over high heat. Stir and reduce heat to medium-low, with the skillet partially covered. Cook approximately 12-15 minutes, or until the carrots are tender and the liquid is reduced to a sticky glaze. Gently stir a couple of times during cooking.
- Remove from heat. Sprinkle with parsley (optional), stir gently and serve.
- During the cooking time, you may need to adjust the heat so it stays at a simmer.
- If the carrots are cooked before the glaze is thickened, remove the cover, increase the heat to medium-high and cook until the liquid is thickened to a sticky glaze.
Recipe adapted from My Recipes
Looking for more delicious homestyle recipes? Then take a look at Savory ~ Sweet ~ Repeat. It’s our delicious eCookbook with 50 tried & true family favorite recipes: 25 savory & 25 sweet. All of them are from this blog and some our family has enjoyed for over 50 years! There are also a few newer family favorites as well. Our eCookbook downloads beautifully and is only $4.99. Plus, it comes with a 100% happiness guarantee. So, get yours today!