Chopped walnuts, chocolate chunks and mini marshmallows make these Loaded Rocky Road Brownies so incredibly tasty! If you love rocky road desserts then you’re going to love these fudgy, nutty chocolaty brownies! They’re easy to make using a brownie mix and loaded with yummy ingredients.
John’s sister, Jo and her husband Frank came to visit us recently and I wanted to make an easy dessert because we were busy painting our new home that week. So, I grabbed a brownie mix I had in our pantry, added some of our favorite ingredients and made these amazing Loaded Rocky Road Brownies!
These ingredients are a marriage made in heaven, and the mini marshmallows kind of disappear into the batter – YUM!
Get the stir ins ready by chopping the walnuts and chocolate discs (or measure the milk chocolate chips), along with the mini marshmallows. I use and recommend Chocoley Chocolates because their chocolates are creamy and delicious! I think everyone needs a good sharp kitchen knife for chopping and dicing. I love mine from Oneida.
Place the brownie mix and all ingredients (except for the reserved chopped walnuts and chocolate) in a large bowl. Stir just until blended, making sure not to over mix.
Pour the batter into the greased pan and sprinkle the reserved chopped walnuts and chocolates on top.
Bake in a preheated 350 degree F oven for 30-33 minutes. You’ll know the brownies are done when the edges are a little crunchy and the center is firm to the touch. But, be careful not to over-bake, brownies should be moist and fudgy in my opinion.
The marshmallows that were near the top popped while baking but you can still tasty their sticky deliciousness, which goes perfect with the crunch of the walnuts and the creamy milk chocolate chunks! What’s your favorite brownie? Do you make them from scratch or do you use a brownie mix?
Loaded Rocky Road Brownies
- 17.6 ounce brownie mix with walnuts (1 box - 9" pan size)
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup chopped milk chocolate, or milk chocolate chips (reserve 3 tablespoons for top)
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts (reserve 3 tablespoons for top)
- 3/4 cup mini marshmallows
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and generously grease a 9" or 11" square pan.
- Place the brownie mix and all ingredients (except for the reserved chopped walnuts and chocolate) in a large bowl. Stir just until blended, making sure not to over mix.
- Pour the batter into the greased pan and sprinkle the reserved chopped walnuts and chocolates on top.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 30-33 minutes.
- John likes cake-like brownies and I like fudgy. So, we compromise by using these ingredients: 2 eggs, 1/4 cup water, and 1/3 cup oil. Just perfect for in between cake-like and fudgy brownies!
- The box recommends a 9" pan but an 11" pan (as shown) works well too.
- You'll know the brownies are done when the edges are a little crunchy and the center is firm to the touch. But, be careful not to over-bake, brownies should be moist and fudgy.
Chocoley has some of the most amazing products, like melting and drizzling chocolates, ready to use gourmet centers, flavoring oils and so much more. Check out their products, resources, tips and recipes, then go ahead and make a delicious Chocoley chocolate creation for you and your family.
Looking for more delicious dessert recipes?
Here are a few you might also enjoy!
To receive our free recipes & tips follow us through our social medias, or by email!
If you enjoyed our Loaded Rocky Road Brownies, please share & comment. Thanks, we appreciate you!
The Chocoley links in this post are not affiliated and I will not receive compensation through them. I just love Chocoley chocolates and highly recommend them.
This post contains other affiliate links, which will add no extra cost to you. Thank you if you make a purchase – it will help support our blog! Please see our disclosure policy.