Everyone knows how healthy and delicious chicken can be, but sometimes it’s difficult to come up with new ways to prepare it. Today I have an easy, delicious, juicy and tender way to make chicken!
Roasted with some tasty vegetables this Juicy Oven Roasted Chicken is tender and full of flavor!
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and grease a baking sheet with olive oil. Rinse and pat dry the chicken pieces and coat them with olive oil.
Sprinkle with salt and pepper on both sides and place them on a baking sheet, skin side up.
Next cut up the onion and red or green pepper and place them on the baking sheet too. Mine happened to be a little bit red and green. Drizzle a little olive oil over the veggies. Bake in a preheated 350 degrees F oven for 35-45 minutes, depending on the thickness of the chicken.
Use the USDA Minimum Internal Temperature Chart for cooking meat.
Your house will smell amazing by the time your chicken comes out of the oven and here’s what the chicken should look like! Just remove the skin and serve with a side of potatoes and a salad, or any of your favorite side dishes. You can also let the chicken cool, cut into pieces, put it in a freezer bag and freeze for a future dinner.
More delicious chicken recipes to enjoy!
We hope you try our Juicy Oven Roasted Chicken and enjoy it as much as we do. If you make it, please snap a picture and tag us on social media @MySweetMission or #MySweetMission. We’d love to see it!
Also, please consider giving this recipe a star rating in the comments below and sharing it on social media. Thanks, we really appreciate it!
Juicy Oven Roasted Chicken
- 2 (2 ) chicken breasts with skin & bone, or use chicken pieces similar in size
- 1 tablespoon (14.79 ml) olive oil, or enough to coat chicken pieces
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- 1/2 (1/2 ) onion, sliced
- 1/2 (1/2 ) green or red pepper, sliced
Preheat the oven to 350 F degrees and grease a baking sheet with olive oil.
- Rinse and pat dry the chicken pieces and coat them with olive oil.
- Sprinkle the chicken with salt and pepper on both sides and place them on the baking sheet, skin side up.
- Next, cut up onion and red or green pepper and place them on the baking sheet too.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 35-40 minutes, or until the chicken is tender and cooked. The roasting time may vary depending on the thickness of the chicken.
- Use the USDA Minimum Internal Temperature Chart for cooking meat.