Peaches are super juicy, delicious and a beautiful fruit. But, let’s admit it, they are fuzzy on the outside and not the easiest fruit to peel. Well, these simple steps will show you how to quickly peel peaches so you can have them recipe ready in just a few minutes!
These fuzz-free beauties are slick as a whistle and so shiny without their peels.
So, let’s get peeling!
- First of all, start with ripe peaches because they work the best. These were juicy, ripe peaches used in our Easy Peach Sauce.
- Fill a pot about 1/2 way with water and bring to a boil over high heat. Add the peaches to the boiling water for 45 seconds.
- Using a slotted spoon, lift each peach out of the boiling water and immerse them in a large bowl of ice water for one minute. The ice water will stop the cooking process and make them easier to handle.
- With a sharp knife make a slit on the bottom of each peach.
- Then easily remove the peels. The peaches are so pretty and this is super easy to do too!
- Cut peaches in half, remove pits and slice the peaches. Now they’re recipe ready or just to enjoy as a healthy snack. Shown here are freestone peaches, so the pits come out really nicely.
So, what do you think? Are you ready to save some time peeling those lovely peaches? Go ahead and give this tip a try. We thought it was a super cool way to quickly peel peaches and couldn’t wait to share it with you.
If you use this helpful tip, please snap a picture and tag us on social media @MySweetMission or #MySweetMission. We’d love to see it!
Also, please consider sharing this kitchen tip or leaving a comment. Thanks, we really appreciate it!
Take a peek at Savory ~ Sweet ~ Repeat. It’s our delicious eCookbook full of tried & true family favorite recipes: 25 savory & 25 sweet. All of them are from this blog and some our family has enjoyed for 50 & even 60 years! There are also a few newer family favorites as well. Our eCookbook downloads beautifully and is only $4.99. Plus, it comes with a 100% happiness guarantee. So, get yours today!
Looking for more helpful kitchen tips?
Here are a few you might also enjoy!
This post contains affiliate links, which will add no extra cost to you. Thank you if you make a purchase – it will help support our blog! Please see our disclosure policy.