Hello from Washington state! We’re here with my Mom & Dad visiting Chelsea & Kenny. Recently I saw this super easy Angel Food Cake recipe and it turned out so yummy I just had to share it with you. I renamed it Heavenly Pineapple Angel Food Cake because it’s so light & airy and it tastes heavenly! I have to say, this is probably the easiest cake I’ve ever made, and if you love Angel Food cake and pineapple, then its got your name written all over it.
This cake is almost magical the way it mixes up into a light & airy cake in no time at all. Topped with whipped cream and sprinkled with toasted coconut, it’s just heavenly!
It really can’t get any easier than this, just stir the Angel Food cake mix and crushed pineapple (including juice) together.
Pour the batter evenly into a greased 9″ x 13″ cake pan and bake in a preheated 350 degrees F oven for 30 minutes.
Remove from oven and cool completely.
Spread the light whipped topping with the back of a spoon, lifting to make random little peaks. Pretty, right?!
Sprinkle with toasted coconut.
This delicious cake is moist, light and airy, and lower in calories and fat than most cakes. Plus, it could be the easiest cake you ever make!
We hope you try this Heavenly Pineapple Angel Food Cake and enjoy it as much as we do. If you make it, please snap a picture and tag us on social media @MySweetMission or #MySweetMission. We’d love to see it!
Also, please consider giving this recipe a star rating, sharing it or leaving a comment. Thanks, we really appreciate it!
Heavenly Pineapple Angel Food Cake
- 16 ounces (453.59 g) Angel Food cake mix (1 box)
- 20 ounces (566.99 g) crushed pineapple, in natural juice (1 can)
- 8 ounces (226.8 g) light whipped topping or sweet whipped cream (1 container)
- 1/2 cup (40 g) toasted coconut (optional)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and grease a 9" x 13" cake pan.
- In a large bowl, mix the Angel Food Cake mix & the crushed pineapple including juice, until blended.
- Pour the batter evenly into a greased 9" x 13" cake pan.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 30 minutes.
- Cool completely. Top with light whipped topping, or sweet whipped cream, then sprinkle with toasted coconut.
- While mixing, the cake batter will start to froth & then turn into this amazingly airy, fluffy mixture right before your eyes.
- The cake needs to bake the full 30 minutes to ensure that the center is done. The top of the cake will be dark golden brown.
- With the back of a spoon lift, the light whipped topping or whipped cream to make random peaks which looks so pretty!
- Nutritional information is based on using light whipped topping.
More delicious cake recipes might also enjoy!
This post contains affiliate links, which will add no extra cost to you. Thank you if you make a purchase – it will help support our blog! Please see our disclosure policy.