With summer almost here, which means bathing suit season (ugh), I thought I’d share a healthy & delicious recipe today. This Healthy Taco Soup is really good, easy to make, has just three simple steps, and it’s loaded with fiber – big BONUS here folks! Our family has been enjoying this delicious soup for over 10 years and we all love it.
We believe healthy recipes can be delicious, and we’re always looking for ways to cut calories and fat from most of the recipes we share. Our thinking is if you eat healthy meals you can have a little dessert too. Like our Heavenly Pineapple Angel Food Cake, which is a light, low-fat cake, by the way! 🙂
We hope you try this Healthy Taco Soup and enjoy it as much as we do. If you make it, please snap a picture and tag us on social media @MySweetMission or #MySweetMission. We’d love to see it!
Also, please consider giving this recipe a star rating, sharing it or leaving a comment. Thanks, we really appreciate it!
Healthy Taco Soup
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 15.5 ounces black eyed peas (1 can)
- 15.5 ounces black beans (1 can)
- 16 ounces chili beans (1 can Bush's or similar)
- 16 ounces garbanzo beans (1 can)
- 11 ounces Mexicorn (1 can Green Giant or similar)
- 20 ounces Mexican style diced tomatoes (2 - 10 ounce cans Rotel or similar)
- 1 ounce packet taco seasoning (Lawry's, Taco Bell or similar)
- Brown ground sirloin in a large pot over medium-high heat.
- Stir in all remaining ingredients but do not drain liquids from the cans.
- Mix well and simmer for 1 - 1 1/2 hours, stirring occasionally.
Looking for more delicious homestyle recipes? Then take a look at Savory ~ Sweet ~ Repeat. It’s our delicious eCookbook with 50 tried & true family favorite recipes: 25 savory & 25 sweet. All of them are from this blog and some our family has enjoyed for over 50 years! There are also a few newer family favorites as well. Our eCookbook downloads beautifully and is only $4.99. Plus, it comes with a 100% happiness guarantee. So, get yours today!