Spring is here, finally for some of us! Love is in the air and weddings are in full bloom. So, today I’m sharing my Glistening Wedding Cookie Favors. I made 140 of these delicious and beautiful favors for my niece, Candice’s wedding recently. Actually, they’re perfect for any time of the year, and you can use different colors of edible glitters to match your color scheme. Your guests will love them, and trust me you probably won’t be able to find any left on the tables at the end of the wedding reception.
Glistening Wedding Cookie Favors
- 1 cup softened butter
- 1 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 1/4 cups unbleached or all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups quality white chocolate
- 2 tablespoons Wilton White Edible Glitter – Cake Sparkles
- 2 tablespoons Wilton Elegant Shimmer Dust
Preheat oven to 360 degrees F. I find this temperature works well for many gourmet cookies.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, sugar, and salt.
- Add the eggs and vanilla and beat until light and fluffy.
- Add the first cup of flour, along with the baking powder, and baking soda. Mix on low speed until blended then add the remainder of the flour and mix just until the flour disappears.
- Use a 2-ounce cookie scooper and place the cookie dough about 2" apart on an ungreased nonstick baking sheet.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 10-12 minutes, or until the cookies are lightly golden brown.
- Cool on baking sheets about 10 minutes then carefully transfer them to a cooling rack. Cool completely before decorating.
Decorating & packaging:
- Lay down wax or parchment paper on the counter or cookie sheets.
- Melt the white chocolate discs in the microwave at low or medium power. Stir often and cook just until melted.
- Pour the chocolate into the squeeze bottle and decorate the sugar cookies in a swirl pattern.
- Before the chocolate dries sprinkle on the white edible glitter and the shimmer dust. Allow the chocolate to set completely.
- Place each decorated cookie into a gusseted cellophane bag, seal and cut off the excess with a bar sealer. Put the personalized label on each cellophane bag.
Supplies needed for Glistening Wedding Cookie Favors:
- Sugar cookies
- Wax or parchment paper
- 1 1/2 cups white chocolate melting discs (per batch of cookies)
- Microwavable bowl
- Squeeze bottle
- Wilton White Edible Glitter – Cake Sparkles
- Wilton Elegant Shimmer Dust
- Gusseted Cellophane Bags 4″ x 2 3/4″ x 10 3/4″
- Impulse Bar Sealer with Cutter (Special)
- Labels with personal greeting (Vista Print’s return address labels are nice for cookie favors)
Other posts you might also enjoy!
Thanks, we appreciate you!