We were in Washington state for the birth of our first grand-daughter, Laila and our daughter, Chelsea requested that I make a batch of my Fudgy Double Chocolate Cookies. My Fudgy White Chocolate Cookies are popular at Baxter’s, but Chelsea really loves these fudgy cookies, they’re one of her favorites. I thought it’s the least I could do since she just gave birth to our first grand-daughter. 😉 So, I whipped up a batch of these soft fudgy cookies for her, well, for all of us. If you love rich chocolatey brownies, then these cookies will satisfy that craving!
These fudgy cookies are rich and chocolatey and loaded with delicious creamy milk chocolate chips.
In a large mixing bowl combine the butter, sugar and salt. Beat on medium speed about a minute, or until creamy.
Add the eggs and vanilla extract. Mix on low until the eggs are blended in, then mix on medium and high speeds for about a minute each. The mixture should be pale yellow and very fluffy.
Flour tip: Add the first cup of flour and the cocoa powder on low or stir speed, along with the baking powder and baking soda. This will insure the small dry ingredients are incorporated well and eliminates sifting. Add the remainder of flour and continue on low or stir speed, just until the flour disappears.
Then add the milk chocolate chips and mix on low just until blended. TIP: I like to save a few chocolate chips for scraping the bowl (for that last cookie). I also like to put one or two on top of the dough balls, if needed.
This cookie dough is thick and fudgy, which is just how you want it!
Scoop the dough with a one (1) ounce cookie scooper and place on un-greased cookie sheets.
Bake in a preheated 360 degrees F oven for 8 – 10 minutes, or until the tops start to crackle. Note: For soft cookies, be sure not to over bake.
We hope you try our Fudgy Double Chocolate Cookies and enjoy them as much as we do. If you make them, please snap a picture and tag us on social media @MySweetMission or #MySweetMission. We’d love to see it!
Also, please consider giving this recipe a star rating, sharing it or leaving a comment. Thanks, we really appreciate it!
Fudgy Double Chocolate Cookies
- 1 cup softened butter
- 2 cups white sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups unbleached or all-purpose flour
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 12 ounces milk chocolate chips, approximately 2 cups
Preheat oven to 360 degrees F. I find this temperature works perfect for many gourmet cookies.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the butter, sugar, and salt. Beat on medium speed about a minute, or until creamy.
- Add the eggs and vanilla extract. Mix on low until the eggs are blended in, then mix on medium and high speeds, for about a minute each. The mixture should be pale yellow and very fluffy.
- Add the first cup of flour and the cocoa powder on low or stir speed, along with the baking powder and baking soda. This will ensure the small dry ingredients are incorporated well and eliminates sifting the dry ingredients. Add the remainder of flour and continue on low or stir speed, just until the flour disappears. Then add the milk chocolate chips and mix on low just until blended.
- Using a 1-ounce cookie scooper, scoop the dough and place on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake in a preheated oven for approximately 8 - 10 minutes, or until the tops start to crackle.
- I find baking cookies at 360 degrees F is the perfect temperature, and placing them on the second rack in the oven works great too.
- I like to save a few chocolate chips for the last cookie. I also like to put one or two chips on top of each dough ball before baking.
- For soft and chewy cookies be sure not to over bake.
- Cool completely before storing in an airtight container.
For amazing cookies every time see My Top 10 Tips for Perfect Cookies.
Take a peek at Savory ~ Sweet ~ Repeat? It’s our delicious eCookbook full of tried & true family favorite recipes: 25 savory & 25 sweet. All of them are from this blog and some our family has enjoyed for 50 & even 60 years! There are also a few newer family favorites as well. Our eCookbook downloads beautifully and is only $4.99. Plus, it comes with a 100% happiness guarantee. So, get yours today!
Looking for more gourmet cookie recipes?
Here are a few you might also enjoy!
What’s your favorite gourmet cookie and why do you love it? We’re so excited that Chelsea and Kenny are visiting this week with little Laila! My family will get to meet her for the first time. There’s going to be lots of hugs & kisses for our little girl!
I hope you have a wonderful and safe Memorial weekend, and a special “Thank You” to all the men and women who have served and are defending our freedom and country so well. We love & appreciate you!