As promised in my recent post adorable heart shaped brownies here’s my Easy Hot Fudge Sauce Recipe. This hot fudge sauce is ready in minutes, it’s rich and creamy, smooth and fudgy. Which equals hot fudge sauce perfection in my kitchen! I made this hot fudge sauce recently because we didn’t have any on hand for some brownie hot fudge sundaes we were making. Oh yea, they were so good and would make a delicious Valentine’s Day dessert!
I found this easy recipe and was thrilled it turned out perfect the first time! It only has 4 ingredients and is a perfect addition to any ice cream sundae, with or without brownies. I’m so excited to share it with you today because I think you’re going to love it too!
This hot fudge sauce tastes as good as it looks!
Little shout out for Chocoley because their chocolates are the best!
Easy Hot Fudge Sauce Recipe
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 5 ounces quality dark chocolate, or 3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Place the sweetened condensed milk, quality dark chocolate or semi-sweet chocolate chips and the milk in a heavy saucepan. Over medium-low heat cook until the chocolate is melted, stirring gently for 3-5 minutes.
- Turn off the heat, add the butter and stir until the butter is melted.
- Serve over ice cream, cakes, cupcakes, cheesecake, strawberries. Well, you get the idea.
- We've made this recipe with either semi-sweet chocolate chips or Chocoley's dark chocolate and thought it was slightly better made with Chocoley's chocolate.
- If you like your hot fudge a little thicker, don't add the milk. But, we think it's the perfect consistency with the added milk, especially for reheating.
Recipe adapted from AllRecipes.com
Looking for more delicious chocolate recipes?
Here are a few you might also enjoy!
Note: The Chocoley links in this post are not affiliated and I will not receive compensation through them. But, this post does contain other affiliate links, which will add no extra cost to you. Thank you if you make a purchase – it will help support our blog! Please see our disclosure policy.