I love rich double chocolate recipes and this Double Chocolate Zucchini Bread is my new favorite! It’s really moist, full of flavor and loaded with chocolate goodness. You may have a huge zucchini (or two) in your kitchen like my daughter did. And, that’s why I’m sharing my second zucchini bread recipe this month. You’re welcome. 🙂 Earlier this month I brought you my Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread. Today I’m sharing my Double Chocolate Zucchini Bread. Hey, go ahead and make them both and see which one is your new favorite.
If you love double chocolate recipes, then this Double Chocolate Zucchini Bread recipe is just waiting for you to make it!
In a microwave-safe bowl soften the butter then stir in the sugar and combine well. Add the eggs and vanilla extract, stirring to combine well again.
In a separate bowl whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir until combined.
Get the simple steps by clicking this little link.
Stir in the zucchini and chocolate chips.
Pour the batter into a greased loaf pan and sprinkle with a few more chocolate chips. If you ask me, you can never really have too many chocolate chips.
Bake at 325 degrees for 60-75 minutes (1 hour – 1 hour & 15 minutes).
Allow the bread to set in the bread pan at least 30 minutes, so the bottom doesn’t stick when removing.
Recently John and I were out in Washington state visiting our kids, and I made two different types of zucchini bread for their church picnic.
This was the plate of both of them, one is the Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread and the other is today’s Double Chocolate Zucchini Bread. Everyone enjoyed them and they look really yummy! Don’t they?
We hope you try our Double Chocolate Zucchini Bread and enjoy it as much as we do. If you make it, please snap a picture and tag us on social media @MySweetMission or #MySweetMission. We’d love to see it!
Also, please consider giving this recipe a star rating, sharing it or leaving a comment. Thanks, we really appreciate it!
Double Chocolate Zucchini Bread
- 1/2 cup butter, slightly melted
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups unbleached or all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups zucchini, shredded or purée (I used puréed zucchini)
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, reserve a few for the top
Preheat oven to 325 degrees F and grease a 9" x 5" loaf pan.
- In a microwave-safe bowl soften the butter then stir in the sugar and combine well. Add the eggs and vanilla extract, stirring to combine well again.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir until combined.
- Stir in the zucchini and chocolate chips. Pour the batter into a greased loaf pan and sprinkle with a few more chocolate chips.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 60-75 minutes.
- Allow the bread to set in the bread pan at least 30 minutes, so the bottom doesn’t stick when removing.
Take a peek at Savory ~ Sweet ~ Repeat? It’s our delicious eCookbook full of tried & true family favorite recipes: 25 savory & 25 sweet. All of them are from this blog and some our family has enjoyed for 50 & even 60 years! There are also a few newer family favorites as well. Our eCookbook downloads beautifully and is only $4.99. Plus, it comes with a 100% happiness guarantee. So, get yours today!