Happy Mother’s Day to my Wonderful Mom and to all the Mothers reading today! I have great news for my family, friends, and readers. I’ve decided to share my gourmet cookie recipes in my New Gourmet Cookie Series!
My family and friends might be a little shocked because they know I never share my cookie recipes. Why am I sharing them now?! Because I love blogging, I appreciate all my readers and everyone loves my gourmet cookies. So, I thought it would be the perfect time to share these tried and true cookie recipes.
Preheat the oven to 360 degrees F. In a mixing bowl cream the butter, sugars and the salt. (See mixing notes below).
Add the eggs & vanilla extract. (See mixing notes below). Then add the first cup of flour, along with the baking powder and baking soda. This will insure the small ingredients are incorporated well.
Mix in both types of chocolate chips on low speed. I always save a few chocolate chips for the last cookie or two.
Scoop and place the dough on ungreased baking sheets about 2″ a part. Press dough down slightly. Bake in a preheated 360 degrees F oven for 10-12 minutes, or until the tops start to crackle and the cookies are light golden brown.
Cool on baking sheets for approximately 20 minutes, or transfer to a cooling rack after 10 minutes and cool completely. Store in an airtight container. These cookies also freeze well, if there are any leftover. 🙂
These Double Chocolate Chip Cookies are one of my family and friends very favorite cookies and hopefully, they’ll become your new favorite cookie too!
We hope you try our Double Chocolate Chip Cookies and enjoy them as much as we do. If you make them, please snap a picture and tag us on social media @MySweetMission or #MySweetMission. We’d love to see it!
Also, please consider giving this recipe a star rating, sharing it or leaving a comment. Thanks, we really appreciate it!
Double Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 cup (227 g) butter, room temperature
- 1 cup (220 g) brown sugar, lightly packed
- 1/2 cup (100 g) white sugar
- 1 teaspoon (4.93 ml) salt
- 2 (2 ) large eggs
- 1 teaspoon (4.93 ml) vanilla extract
- 3 cups (375 g) unbleached or all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon (4.93 ml) baking powder
- 1 teaspoon (4.93 ml) baking soda
- 12 ounces (340.2 g) semi-sweet chocolate chips, approximately 2 cup
- 6 ounces (170.1 g) milk chocolate chips, approximately 1 cup
Preheat an oven to 360 degrees F. I found this temperature to be perfect for these gourmet cookies.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter, sugars, and salt. Mix on low speed for about a minute, then on medium speed for another minute.
- Add the eggs & vanilla extract. Mix on low until the eggs are blended in, then at medium speed for about a minute and then on high speed for an additional minute. The mixture should be a pale yellow color and very fluffy.
- Tip for adding the flour: Add the first cup of flour, along with the baking powder and baking soda. This will ensure the small ingredients are incorporated well and eliminates the sifting of the dry ingredients. Add the remainder of the flour a cup at a time.
- Mix in both types of chocolate chips on low speed.
- Using a 2-ounce cookie scooper, place dough on ungreased baking sheets about 2" apart. Press dough down slightly.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 10-12 minutes, or until the tops start to crackle and the cookies are light golden brown.
- Cool on baking sheets for 10 minutes before transferring them to a cooling rack.
- Store in an airtight container. These cookies also freeze well.
- For a convection oven: Bake at 325 degrees F for 9-11 minutes.
For delicious cookie success – check out My Top 10 Tips for Perfect Cookies.
Check out our 1st Cookbook Savory ~ Sweet ~ Repeat. It’s a delicious eCookbook full of tried & true family-favorite recipes: 25 savory & 25 sweet. All of them are from this blog and some our family has enjoyed for 50 & even 60 years! There are also a few newer family favorites as well. Our eCookbook downloads beautifully and is perfect for gift-giving!