Tired of boring fish for dinner? Our recipe for Crunchy Panko Crusted Cod will take your fish to a whole new delicious crunchy level! Everyone knows how healthy fish is for you, but if you don’t have a delicious way to prepare it, you’re just not going to make it that often. That was our problem until we started using Panko bread crumbs and today I’m sharing our recipe with you. This fish is so scrumptious, even your pickiest eaters will love it!
My simple recipe and steps will ensure your fish will turn out tender inside and crispy on the outside. Oh yeah, now we’re talking!
Here’s what you’ll need: Cod fillets, salt, pepper, flour, egg and Panko breadcrumbs.
Salt and pepper the fish, then dip it in the flour.
Roll it in the beaten egg.
Firmly press all sides of the fish into the Panko breadcrumbs.
Fry the fish in sizzling olive oil, browning both sides to a golden brown.
Our recipe for Crunchy Panko Crusted Cod is so easy to make and may become your new favorite way to make fish too! And, it goes really well with our Oven-Roasted Asparagus with Parmesan and Perfectly Golden Brown Pierogies. Fish is low in calories & fat and it’s so good for you. So, I hope this delicious recipe using Panko bread crumbs helps you add more fish to your menu!
We hope you try our Crunchy Panko Crusted Cod and enjoy it as much as we do. If you make it, please snap a picture and tag us on social media @MySweetMission or #MySweetMission. We’d love to see it!
Also, please consider giving this recipe a star rating, sharing it or leaving a comment below. Thanks, we really appreciate it!
Crunchy Panko Crusted Cod
- 1 pound (453.59 g) cod fillets
- 1/4 cup (31.25 g) unbleached or all-purpose flour
- 1 (1 ) egg, beaten
- 3/4 cup (45 g) Panko breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon (4.93 ml) salt
- 1 teaspoon (4.93 ml) pepper
- 1/2 cup (108 g) extra virgin olive oil, or enough to cover the bottom of a large frying pan
- Lay out the flour, beaten egg, and Panko breadcrumbs on three (3) separate plates, or shallow pans.
- Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan over high heat. (This should only take a few minutes, watch the pan and be careful not to burn the oil).
- Sprinkle the fish with salt and pepper.
- Dip the seasoned fish in the flour, then egg and then press the fish into the Panko breadcrumbs, coating the fish evenly on all sides.
- Place the fish carefully in the hot pan and reduce the heat to medium, but keep it at a sizzle. When both sides are evenly browned, remove the fish from the hot oil and serve immediately.
- When the first side is nicely browned (about 2-3 minutes) and the fish is turned over, you may need to reduce the heat to low, but keep the oil at a sizzle. Reducing the heat will avoid the fish from burning, and will cook it evenly all the way through.
Take a peek at Savory ~ Sweet ~ Repeat? It’s our delicious eCookbook full of tried & true family favorite recipes: 25 savory & 25 sweet. All of them are from this blog and some our family has enjoyed for 50 & even 60 years! There are also a few newer family favorites as well. Our eCookbook downloads beautifully and is only $4.99. Plus, it comes with a 100% happiness guarantee. So, get yours today!