This family favorite Cranberry Gelatin Salad is sweet & tart and absolutely delicious! It has an amazing combination of fruit flavors and makes the most beautiful side dish for your holiday table. Our son-in-law, Kenny’s family has been making and enjoying this gelatin salad for as long as he can remember!
The tangy cranberry sauce, with sweet mandarin oranges and crushed pineapple, is a delightful fruity sensation your family will really love. And, just look at those brilliant colors. It will be such a pretty addition to your holiday table!
The past few years John and I have spent Christmas with Kenny, Chelsea, and Laila in Washington state. Currently, they’re fostering the sweetest little baby girl and the four of them came to visit us this past week in Florida. We had the best time!
Kenny and Chelsea always decorate their home and holiday table so beautifully! They love Christmas-time and usually start decorating for the holidays at the beginning of November.
Here’s our 2 1/2-year-old granddaughter, Laila. Isn’t she cute?! She LOVES to help Mimi (that’s me) in the kitchen. While they were here we made homemade cookies (recipe to come), our Easy Texas Sheet Cake and cinnamon french toast their last morning with us.
Kenny made this incredible side dish last year for our family Christmas dinner. But, by the time we got home, Christmas was long gone. So, I decided to wait and share it with you for the holidays this year. I have to say, it was hard to wait and I’m so glad I can finally share it with you!
Every time we visit our kids they insist we make our Amazing Pull Apart Rolls. We made a delicious batch last Christmas and you can see them in a couple of the pictures in this post. If you haven’t tried our dinner rolls, you really should. Because they’re flaky, soft and buttery, with just a touch of sweetness. In our opinion, they’re everything a great pull apart dinner roll should be!
We hope you try our Cranberry Gelatin Salad and enjoy it as much as we do. If you make it, please snap a picture and tag us on social media @MySweetMission or #MySweetMission. We’d love to see it!
Also, please consider giving this recipe a star rating, sharing it or leaving a comment. Thanks, we really appreciate it!
Cranberry Gelatin Salad
- 6 ounce (170.1 g) (1 box) cherry gelatin, or other red berry flavor
- 2 cups (473.18 ml) hot water
- 14 ounces (396.89 g) (1 can) whole berry cranberry sauce, mashed
- 15 ounces (425.24 g) (1 can) mandarin oranges, drained
- 20 ounces (566.99 g) (1 can) crushed pineapple, drained
- Mix the gelatin with the hot water and stir until dissolved.
- Add the mashed cranberry sauce. Drain the oranges and crushed pineapple and add them to the gelatin, stir until combined.
- Pour into a 9" x 13" pan and refrigerate until firm, approximately 3 - 4 hours.
- Optional: Add 1 cup chopped walnuts to the mixture before chilling.
- This side dish can also be topped with a non-dairy topping or fresh whipped cream.
Looking for more delicious homestyle recipes? Then take a look at Savory ~ Sweet ~ Repeat. It’s our delicious eCookbook with 50 tried & true family favorite recipes: 25 savory & 25 sweet. All of them are from this blog and some our family has enjoyed for over 50 years! There are also a few newer family favorites as well. Our eCookbook downloads beautifully and is only $4.99. Plus, it comes with a 100% happiness guarantee. So, get yours today!