If you enjoy delicious Outshine Strawberry Fruit Bars by Edy’s, also known as “America’s Favorite Fruit Bar,” then your going to love our Copycat Outshine Strawberry Fruit Bar Recipe! Our fruit bars are loaded with perfectly sweetened strawberries and a kiss of lemon juice, that really enhances the strawberry flavor. They blend up in seconds and make a refreshing summer treat.
As you may know, we’re living with my parents while our homes are being built in Florida. Yes, my parents and us are moving to Florida! Well, my Dad and I have this little ritual where we have a delicious frozen fruit bar almost every night, and it wasn’t long before we pulled John and my Mom in as well. So, I thought to myself, “I could make these.” I searched the internet for the original Outshine Strawberry Fruit Bar Recipe and the only one I could find was this one from Bonnie at The Pin Junkie. I modified her recipe by adding a couple of special ingredients and came up with these scrumptious chilly strawberry fruit bars.
Our Copycat Outshine Strawberry Fruit Bars are low in calories, have zero fat and they’re full of fresh strawberries! So, it’s a great way to satisfy your sweet tooth and enjoy your fruit at the same time.
Boil the water, add the gelatin and stir until dissolved. Add the sugar and stir until dissolved again. Stir in the lemon juice and set aside to cool.
Remove from freezer and place in warm water (not hot or cold) for about 20 – 25 seconds. Gently squeeze the sides of the molds and carefully remove the lids.
The fruit bars should pull away from the sides and slide right out. If there is resistance place the mold back in the warm water for just a few seconds.
These Copycat Outshine Strawberry Fruit Bars are juicy, sweet and refreshing!
I’ve made these fruit bars a few times and just last weekend for John’s family. Everyone, both young and old, really LOVED them! The kids went crazy over them and the parents were happy to give them a healthier treat.
Have you ever had a delicious Outshine Strawberry Fruit Bar? Well, if you have then you know how good they are and now you have a delicious & easy recipe to make for your family and friends!
We hope you try our Copycat Outshine Strawberry Fruit Bar Recipe and enjoy it as much as we do. If you make it, please snap a picture and tag us on social media @MySweetMission or #MySweetMission. We’d love to see it!
Also, please consider giving this recipe a star rating, sharing it or leaving a comment. Thanks, we really appreciate it!
Copycat Outshine Strawberry Fruit Bar Recipe
- 1 pound fresh strawberries, approximately 2 1/4 cups pureed (1 quart)
- 1/2 cup water
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1 tablespoon strawberry or raspberry flavored gelatin
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, or lemon juice from concentrate
- Boil the water, add the gelatin and stir until dissolved. Add the sugar and stir until dissolved again. Stir in the lemon juice and set aside to cool.
- Rinse, remove the stems and cut the strawberries. Place them in a blender and blend on low until smooth.
- With the blender on low, add the gelatin/sugar mixture to the pureed strawberries.
- Pour into popsicle molds, securely put the lids on and place them in the freezer for 4 hours or until frozen.
- Remove from freezer and place in warm water (not hot or cold) for about 20 - 25 seconds. Gently squeeze the sides of the molds and carefully remove the lids. The fruit bars should pull away from the sides and slide right out. If there is resistance place the mold back in the warm water for just a few seconds.
- You can also freeze these fruit bars overnight.
- If you only have one mold you can put the strawberry mixture in an airtight container, place it in the refrigerator and use it within a few days. Then just repeat steps 4 & 5 above.
- Servings and nutritional information will vary depending on the size of the molds.