Coconut Walnut Date Squares have heart-healthy oats, they’re naturally sweetened, high in fiber, rich in nutrients and full of flavor! These delicious squares also happen to be vegan, gluten-free and dairy-free. So, if you have food allergies, or even if you don’t, do yourself a favor and bring a little natural goodness and energy to your day.
I just love the flavor combination of oats, coconut, walnuts, and dates. These healthy ingredients make for a great tasting snack or dessert. As a matter of fact, they make a great breakfast bar, because they’re naturally sweet and don’t have added sugars.
They’re perfect for holiday dessert platters too. No one will know they’re healthy because they’re so good!
There are many varieties of baking dates, we used Ziyad All Natural Baking Dates. Here’s an interesting article about Cooking with Dates you might want to check out.
In a large bowl add the dates, coconut oil, vanilla extract, and salt. Mix together on the lowest speed until blended. See note below.
Add the oats, coconut, and chopped walnuts. Mix on low speed until the ingredients are well combined.
Press the mixture evenly into a 9″x9″ baking pan.
Bake in a preheated oven for 15 minutes.
Cool and cut into bars.
Oh boy, you’re about to sink your teeth into a delicious and healthier treat!
We hope you try these Coconut Walnut Date Squares and enjoy them as much as we do. If you make them, please snap a picture and tag us on social media @MySweetMission or #MySweetMission. We’d love to see it!
Also, please consider giving this recipe a star rating, sharing it or leaving a comment. Thanks, we really appreciate it!
Coconut Walnut Date Squares
- 13 ounces (1 package) baking dates (date paste)
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 3/4 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 cup coconut
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl add the dates, coconut oil, vanilla extract, and salt. Mix together on the lowest speed until blended. See note below.
- Add the oats, coconut, and chopped walnuts. Mix on low speed until the ingredients are well combined.
- Press mixture evenly into a 9"x9" baking pan and bake in a preheated oven for 15 minutes.
- Cool and cut into bars.
- The dates and coconut oil do not need to be completely blended together before adding the oats, coconut, and walnuts.
Take a peek at Savory ~ Sweet ~ Repeat? It’s our delicious eCookbook full of tried & true family favorite recipes: 25 savory & 25 sweet. All of them are from this blog and some our family has enjoyed for 50 & even 60 years! There are also a few newer family favorites as well. Our eCookbook downloads beautifully and is only $4.99. Plus, it comes with a 100% happiness guarantee. So, get yours today!