I’m so excited to share with you a recipe for my delicious Coconut Pecan Bars! They are buttery, gooey and full of pecans! I promise, if pecan pie is your thing, then you’ll love these yummy dessert bars too. How can I be so sure? Because these bars taste like pecan pie, but with a buttery coconut shortbread crust!
Every bite of these delectable dessert bars is equally delicious, buttery and nutty!
So, let’s get baking!
- Cut 1 cup butter into cubes and combine it with the brown sugar and flour in a food processor. Pulse until butter is pea sized.
- Add the coconut and pulse once or twice again.
- Evenly press the crust mixture into a greased 9″ x 13″ pan and set aside.
Note: To keep the dough off your hands, place a piece of wax paper over the dough and then press until evenly distributed.
- In a saucepan place the butter, brown sugar, light corn and salt. Cook over medium heat until it comes to a simmer. Remove from heat, add the vanilla extract and chopped pecans. Stir until blended well.
- Slowly add the beaten eggs and blend well with a spatula.
- Pour pecan filling over the unbaked crust. Bake in a preheated 350 degrees F oven for 35-40 minutes, or until golden brown and the center does not jiggle. Cool completely before cutting into pieces.
A buttery coconut shortbread crust holds a gooey pecan pie filling, making these Coconut Pecan Bars super delicious, they’re perfect for holiday dessert platters, and a new twist on the classic pecan pie!
We hope you try our Coconut Pecan Bars and enjoy it as much as we do. If you make it, please snap a picture and tag us on social media @MySweetMission or #MySweetMission. We’d love to see it!
Also, please consider giving this recipe a star rating, sharing it or leaving a comment. Thanks, we really appreciate it!
Coconut Pecan Bars
- 1 cup butter, very cold
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 cups unbleached or all-purpose flour
- 1 cup coconut
- 6 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups pecans, chopped
- 3 large eggs, slightly beaten
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and grease a 9" x 13" baking pan.
- Cut the cold butter into cubes and combine with the brown sugar and flour in a food processor. Pulse until butter is pea-sized. Add the coconut and pulse once or twice again. Evenly press the crust mixture into a greased 9" x 13" pan and set aside.
- In a saucepan combine the butter, brown sugar, light corn syrup, and salt. Cook over medium heat until it comes to a simmer. Remove from heat, add the vanilla extract and chopped pecans. Stir until blended well. Slowly add the slightly beaten eggs and blend well with a spatula.
- Pour pecan filling over the unbaked crust and bake in a preheated oven for 35-40 minutes, or until golden brown and the center does not jiggle.
- Cool completely before cutting into bars.
Looking for more delicious homestyle recipes? Then take a look at Savory ~ Sweet ~ Repeat. It’s our delicious eCookbook with 50 tried & true family favorite recipes: 25 savory & 25 sweet. All of them are from this blog and some our family has enjoyed for over 50 years! There are also a few newer family favorites as well. Our eCookbook downloads beautifully and is only $4.99. Plus, it comes with a 100% happiness guarantee. So, get yours today!