Today I’m sharing my first cookie recipe with a decorating tip! I’m showing you my steps for chocolate covering peanut butter cookies. My Chocolate Covered PB Cookies are soft and chewy, covered with rich, creamy chocolate and sprinkled with chopped peanuts. If you’re a peanut butter cup lover these cookies may be your new favorite recipe!
Chocolate Covered PB Cookies:
- Milk chocolate melting discs, (I use Merckens Chocolate)
- Plastic squeeze bottle
- Peanut butter cookies (recipe below)
- Granulated (chopped) peanuts
- 2 cup measuring cup, or a microwavable safe bowl
- Wax or parchment paper
Make a batch of peanut butter cookies and allow them to cool completely.
Note: Freezing the cookies before decorating them with melted chocolate and chopped peanuts will help the chocolate to set up very quickly, making them easier to stack and store.
Microwave method for melting chocolate: Fill the 2 cup measuring cup with milk chocolate melting discs, place in the microwave and microwave for 1 minute at power 3. Stir and repeat a few times until the chocolate is almost melted.
Remember that chocolate covered spoon from earlier? Feel free to use it in your coffee to create a delicious café mocha!
For amazing cookies every time, check out My Top 10 Tips for Perfect Cookies.
We hope you try our Chocolate Covered PB Cookies and enjoy them as much as we do. If you make them, please snap a picture and tag us on social media @MySweetMission or #MySweetMission. We’d love to see it!
Also, please consider giving this recipe a star rating, sharing it or leaving a comment. Thanks, we really appreciate it!
Chocolate Covered PB Cookies
- 1 cup softened butter
- 1 cup crunchy peanut butter (we recommend and use Jif peanut butter)
- 2 cups white sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 2 1/2 cups unbleached or all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 pound quality milk chocolate
- 2/3 cup granulated peanuts (roasted, salted chopped peanuts)
Preheat an oven to 360 degrees F. I find this temperature to be perfect for most gourmet cookies.
- In a large mixing bowl cream the butter, peanut butter, sugar, and salt.
- Add the eggs. Mix on low until the eggs are blended in, then on medium speed for about a minute and then on high speed for another minute. The mixture should be a pale yellow color and very fluffy.
- Add the first cup of flour, along with the baking powder and baking soda and mix on low speed. Continuing on low speed, add the remainder of the flour until the flour just disappears.
- Use a medium-sized cookie scooper and place the dough on an ungreased baking sheet about 1 1/2" apart. Press the dough about half way down, unless you like your cookies puffier.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 9-10 minutes, or until the tops start to crackle and the cookies are light golden brown.
- Cool on baking sheets for 10 minutes before transferring them to a cooling rack.
- Carefully melt the chocolate and pour it into a plastic bottle. Place cooled peanut butter cookies on a cookie sheet covered with wax or parchment paper. Swirl the chocolate in a circular motion over each cookie.
- Sprinkle about a teaspoon of granulated (chopped) peanuts on top of the warm chocolate and leave some without, if desired. Allow the chocolate to set before storing in an airtight container.
Take a peek at Savory ~ Sweet ~ Repeat? It’s our delicious eCookbook full of tried & true family favorite recipes: 25 savory & 25 sweet. All of them are from this blog and some our family has enjoyed for 50 & even 60 years! There are also a few newer family favorites as well. Our eCookbook downloads beautifully and is only $4.99. Plus, it comes with a 100% happiness guarantee. So, get yours today!