Chocolate Chunk Peanut Butter Cookies are seriously the BEST thick and chewy peanut butter cookies, with lots of rich and creamy semi-sweet chocolate chunks! I have been making these peanut butter cookies for almost 25 years. And, we love them because their thick, soft and chewy, and adding big chunks of rich chocolate to the dough definitely takes them up a notch!
Is it me, or is peanut butter and chocolate quite possibly the best combination? Yes, I believe it is!
Look at all that melted chocolate goodness, I just couldn’t wait to take a big bite of one of these cookies. Mmm…it was so delicious!
I’ve had my squeegee measuring cup for years, and it works great with ingredients like; peanut butter, honey, corn syrup and other sticky stuff. It makes measuring these types of ingredients so much easier.
I looked on Amazon, so you could get one if you’d like but found the same Pampered Chef squeegee measuring cup (not an affiliate link), and it was almost 1/2 the price of the one on Amazon! Hey, you know I’m always trying to show you the best kitchen products – and at the best prices too.
We bought these cute little measuring cups recently at St. Augustine, Florida, and I love them! But, you can get an adorable set for yourself here. Unfortunately, we paid a few dollars more than the ones on Amazon, but they were so cute, I just had to have them!
Make the peanut butter cookie dough. Then with the mixer on low, add the chocolate chunk pieces, saving about 1/4 cup for the tops.
Using a medium cookie scooper, put the dough on ungreased, nonstick baking sheets about 2″ apart, and place a few chocolate chunks wherever needed.
When I was a baker at Baxter’s restaurant, these Chocolate Chunk Peanut Butter Cookies were very popular. As a matter of fact, I must have made thousands of them.
Next, bake in a preheated 360 degrees F oven for 12-15 minutes, or until the tops start to crackle and the cookies are lightly golden on top.
These cookies bake up nice, and puffy and you’ll know they’re done when they start to crack a little on top.
*See note below if you prefer your cookies a little crispier.
Cool on baking sheets for 10-15 minutes then transfer cookies to a cooling rack or a serving platter. Peanut butter and chocolate is iconic for Easter, you know the whole peanut butter eggs thing. So, these amazing cookies would be the perfect dessert for your Easter celebration!
We hope you try our Chocolate Chunk Peanut Butter Cookies and enjoy them as much as we do. If you make them, please snap a picture and tag us on social media @MySweetMission or #MySweetMission. We’d love to see it!
Chocolate Chunk Peanut Butter Cookies
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup crunchy peanut butter, we recommend Jif peanut butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 11.5 ounces chocolate chunk pieces (1 - 11.5 oz bag)
Preheat an oven to 360 degrees F. I find this temperature great for most gourmet cookies.
- In a large mixing bowl cream the butter, peanut butter, sugar, and salt.
- With the mixer on low, add the eggs and blend until incorporated, then mix on medium speed for a minute, and then on high speed for an additional minute. The mixture should be pale yellow and fluffy.
- Add the first cup of flour, along with the baking powder and baking soda, and mix on low speed. Continuing on low speed, add the remainder of the flour and mix on low until it disappears.
- Then add the chocolate chunks, saving about 1/4 cup for the tops, and mix on low again.
- Using a medium cookie scooper, put the dough on an ungreased, nonstick baking sheet about 2" apart.
- Bake in a preheated oven 12-15 minutes, or until the tops start to crackle and the cookies are lightly golden.
- Cool on baking sheets for 10 minutes then transfer cookies to a cooling rack or a serving platter.
- Tip for adding the flour: Along with the first cup of flour add the baking powder, baking soda, and salt. This will ensure the small ingredients are incorporated well and eliminates sifting the dry ingredients.
- If you prefer your peanut butter cookies a little crispier, press the dough down about 1/2 way. This will make the cookies a little thinner and a bit crunchy.
- Store in an airtight container. These cookies also freeze well.
Take a peek at Savory ~ Sweet ~ Repeat? It’s our delicious eCookbook full of tried & true family favorite recipes: 25 savory & 25 sweet. All of them are from this blog and some our family has enjoyed for 50 & even 60 years! There are also a few newer family favorites as well. Our eCookbook downloads beautifully and is only $4.99. Plus, it comes with a 100% happiness guarantee. So, get yours today!
Looking for more delicious cookie recipes?
Here are a few you might also enjoy!
If you enjoyed our Chocolate Chunk Peanut Butter Cookies, please share & comment. Thanks, we appreciate you!
This post contains affiliate links, which will add no extra cost to you. Thank you if you make a purchase – it will help support our blog! Please see our disclosure policy.