If you’re looking for a really delicious, extra moist, perfectly sweetened Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread then look no further. Because this recipe hits all those highlights and has rich little morsels of semi-sweet chocolate throughout too! I’ve been wanting to add a delicious zucchini bread recipe to My Sweet Mission and this one is definitely “Blog Worthy”, as I like to say.
Bursting with moistness, this Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread has 2 cups of zucchini, which adds a lot of nutrition. And, the crust bakes up golden brown and chewy!
In a microwave safe bowl soften the butter, stir in the sugar and combine well. Add the eggs and vanilla extract, stirring to combine well again.
In a separate bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir just until combined.
Stir in the zucchini and chocolate chips until all the ingredients are just blended. Reserve a few chocolate chips for the top.
Zucchini is packed with nutrition and ups the healthy benefits of this recipe. It also makes the bread extra rich and moist. So, it’s a yummy way to eat your veggies!
Pour the batter into a greased loaf pan and place a few chocolate chips on top. Now, you know how I feel about chocolate chips. 😉
Bake at 325 degrees for 60-75 minutes.
The bread is perfectly baked when it’s golden brown and the top is firm but just a bit soft in the middle. Remove from oven when a toothpick inserted comes out a little sticky, but not wet. The bread will continue to cook a little in the pan after it’s removed from the oven.
Allow the bread to set in the bread pan at least 30 minutes, so the bottom doesn’t stick when removing.
Wow, just look at those little flecks of green zucchini all throughout the bread, that’s what makes this bread so incredibly good! And, the chocolate chips makes it even tastier!
Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread
- 1/2 cup butter, slightly melted
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups unbleached or all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups zucchini, shredded or puréed (I used puréed)
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, reserve a few for the top
Preheat oven to 325 degrees F and grease a 9" x 5" loaf pan.
- In a microwave-safe bowl soften the butter, stir in the sugar and combine well. Add the eggs and vanilla extract, stirring to combine well again.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir just until combined.
- Stir in the zucchini and chocolate chips until all the ingredients are just blended. Reserve a few chocolate chips for the top. Pour the batter into a greased loaf pan and place a few chocolate chips on top.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 60-75 minutes. See notes for baking tips.
- Allow the bread to cool in the bread pan at least 30 minutes before removing.
If you have some zucchini in your kitchen or freezer, this is a delicious way to use it and I promise you’re going to love it! Have a safe and happy Labor Day weekend everyone.