If banana and chocolate are your thing, then you are going to love our Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Muffins. They are deliciously soft and moist, with chewy golden brown tops, and full of chocolaty goodness!
It’ll be easy to get your kids to eat breakfast with these tasty Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Muffins! You can also serve them as an after school snack, or for dessert. We had these delightful chocolaty banana muffins for dessert and they were so good!
They also freeze and thaw well, just take them out of the freezer and allow to thaw for a little bit, whenever you want one…or two.
We love a good bakery-style, chewy muffin top, and these muffins bake up to the perfect blend of soft & chewy golden yummy-ness!
Preheat oven to 375º F and line a muffin tin with papers. Then make the batter and save a few chocolate chips for the tops, because it’s always fun to make your muffins pretty.
Did you know you can use frozen bananas in many desserts? You can, and they work especially well in baked goods, like muffins and quick breads. Give it a try and you’ll see that you won’t have to mash your bananas anymore!
See how pretty they are with the little chocolate chips on top. I also like to mound up the batter, so the muffins turn out nice and big on top.
Bake in a preheated oven for 20-25 minutes, or until the tops of the muffins are golden brown, slightly cracked and firm, but still a little soft in the center. Check out my toothpick tip, it’s really helpful for checking cakes, muffins and quick breads, and it’s a little different than you may think.
Cool muffins for 5 minutes, then remove from tin and cool on a rack.
If you’ve never tried the combination of chocolate and banana, you’re really missing out! Go ahead and give our recipe a try and then stop by and let us know how you liked them.
Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Muffins
- 1/2 cup butter, slightly melted
- 1 cup brown sugar, lightly packed
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 2 1/4 cups unbleached or all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips, reserve a few for the tops
Preheat oven to 375 degrees and line a muffin tin with papers.
- In a large mixing bowl cream the butter and brown sugar. Then add the eggs and vanilla extract and beat an additional minute.
- Add the mashed bananas (or frozen and thawed bananas) and mix until blended. See link below for tips on using frozen bananas.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Then add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and blend on low, just until the flour disappears.
- Stir in the mini chocolate chips, except for the few chips for the tops.
- Use a large (3 oz) cookie scooper to easily place the batter into the prepared muffin tins lined with papers. Then sprinkle the tops with a few chocolate chips.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 20-25 minutes, or until the tops of the muffins are golden brown, slightly cracked and firm, but still a little soft in the center.
- Cool muffins for 5 minutes, then remove from tin and cool on a rack.
Recipe adapted from Chelsea’s Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
- Frozen Banana Tip
- Toothpick tip
- Nonstick Muffin Tins
- Ice Cream Scoopers – Great deal on 3 scoopers (S/M/L)
- Cooling rack
Hey, have you seen our 1st Cookbook Savory ~ Sweet ~ Repeat? It’s a delicious eCookbook full of tried & true family favorite recipes: 25 savory & 25 sweet. All of them are from this blog and some our family has enjoyed for 50 & even 60 years! There’s also a few newer family favorites as well. Our eCookbook downloads beautifully and is perfect for gift-giving!
Looking for more delicious muffin recipes?
Here are a few you might also enjoy!
This post contains affiliate links, which will add no extra cost to you. Thank you if you make a purchase – it will help support our blog! Please see our disclosure policy.