This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #RecipeTwist #CollectiveBias #ad
With the holidays right around the corner, you’re probably looking for delicious recipes with a new twist. Well, I have a secret ingredient that is sure to help you with that! Using Campbell’s® Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup you can make some amazing holiday dishes! Like today’s Chicken Florentine Casserole with Campbell’s Cream of Mushroom Soup as the base for the creamy and delectable sauce. This recipe is perfect for a dinner party and it’s great as leftovers too! People everywhere love using Campbell’s Cream of Mushroom Soup in their holiday recipes, because of its creamy and flavorful texture. It also cuts down on the prep time, saving you much needed time during the busy holiday season!
Our Chicken Florentine Casserole is a success thanks to Campbell’s Cream of Mushroom Soup. This incredible casserole has prosciutto, spinach, mushrooms and onions, all perfectly blended with two different kinds of cheese and the perfect touch of Italian seasonings.
Served over asparagus or noodles, this casserole is a complete meal in its self.
First, you’ll want to go to your local Walmart store and head down the soup aisle. There you’ll find Campbell’s® Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup. I used the 22.6 oz size for this recipe.
I love shopping at Walmart and go there at least once or twice a week, because of their huge selection of quality products and their friendly customer service. I have to say, it was easy to find Campbell’s® Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup.
Get your ingredients together, slice or finely chop the veggies and garlic. Then, cook your chicken and set it aside.
Wow, this recipe is definitely loaded with fresh and tasty ingredients!
Put the prosciutto in the hot pan and cook until just a little crispy. Set aside, cool and chop into pieces.
Continuing over medium-high heat, add the spinach to the hot skillet, stir and cook just until wilted. Remove from heat and lay the wilted spinach evenly in the greased baking dish.
Add 2 tablespoons butter to the hot skillet, along with the sliced mushrooms and continue to cook until the mushrooms are lightly browned. Add the onions and cook until translucent. Add the garlic and cook one minute, just to release the garlic flavor.
Now it’s time to make the creamy sauce and Campbell’s® Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup makes this step super easy. We love using this time-saving ingredient in several of our recipes because it tastes great and makes our dishes turn out perfect every time!
Add the condensed soup to the skillet, with all the sauce ingredients and the remaining butter. Stir and cook until the sauce is blended and melted together. That’s it, easy-peasy!
Look how thick and creamy the sauce is…I could eat it by the spoonful, but I must resist for the sake of the dish!
Pour 1/2 of the sauce over the wilted spinach, then add the chicken breasts. Spoon the remaining sauce over the chicken breasts, making sure to cover the chicken.
Add the chopped prosciutto, then layer the shredded mozzarella cheese and sprinkle the reserved 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley.
Bake in a preheated 400º F oven for 20-25 minutes, or until bubbly and golden brown.
We loved how our kitchen smelled all warm and homey, and the savory aroma lingered in the air. Don’t you just love Italian food? We sure do!
With one bite your taste buds will explode with the awesome flavors of this delicious casserole and you’ll be instantly transported to Italy! Well, at least your taste buds will be. 😉
John and I are making a few dishes and freezing them ahead of time for our daughter and her family’s Thanksgiving visit next week. We did eat one serving of this Chicken Florentine Casserole because we just had to taste it! But, this casserole was cooled and put in the freezer – ready for them to enjoy next week. We can’t wait to serve it because we know they’re really going love it!
A big “Thank You” to my husband, John for assisting me with this recipe. He is an excellent cook, in his own right, and I love it when he helps me in the kitchen!
We hope you try this Chicken Florentine Casserole and enjoy it as much as we do. If you make it, please snap a picture and tag us on social media @MySweetMission or #MySweetMission. We’d love to see it!
Also, please consider giving this recipe a star rating, sharing it or leaving a comment. Thanks, we really appreciate it!
Chicken Florentine Casserole
- 2 tablespoons (29.57 ml) olive oil
- 3 pounds (1.36 kg) boneless, skinless chicken breasts (6-8 chicken breasts)
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.46 ml) pepper, or to taste
- 2 oz (56.7 g) prosciutto
- 6 ounces (170.1 g) fresh baby spinach (1 package)
- 8 tablespoons (118.29 ml) butter, reserve 6 tablespoons for the sauce
- 8 ounces (226.8 g) sliced mushrooms (1 package)
- 1/2 (0.5 ) medium onion, finely chopped
- 6 cloves (6 cloves) garlic, minced
- 22.6 ounces (640.7 g) Campbell's® Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup (1 large can)
- 1 cup (236.59 ml) cream, we used half and half
- 2 tablespoons (29.57 ml) fresh lemon juice, (approximately 1/2 lemon)
- 1 tablespoon (14.79 ml) Italian seasoning
- 1 1/2 teaspoon (7.39 ml) dried parsley, reserve 1/2 teaspoon for the top
- 1 cup (100 g) grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 cups (224 g) shredded mozzarella cheese
Preheat oven to 400º F and grease an 11" x 11" baking dish.
- Lightly pepper one side of the chicken breasts then add them to a hot skillet with the olive oil. Over medium high heat brown and cook the chicken breasts approximately 10 minutes on each side. Cover with a lid and continue to cook over medium-high heat for 5 minutes. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- Add the prosciutto to the hot pan and cook until just a little crispy. Set aside, cool and chop into pieces.
- Continuing over medium-high heat, add the spinach to the hot skillet, stir and cook just until wilted. Remove from heat and lay the wilted spinach evenly in the greased baking dish.
- Add 2 tablespoons butter to the hot skillet, along with the sliced mushrooms and continue to cook over medium-high heat until the mushrooms are lightly browned approximately 5 minutes. Add the onions and cook until translucent, approximately 2-3 minutes. Add the garlic and cook one minute, just to release the garlic flavor.
- Add the Campbell's® Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup, the cream, lemon juice, Italian seasonings, dried parsley, Parmesan cheese and the remaining 6 tablespoons of butter. Stir and cook until all ingredients are well blended and melted together.
- Pour 1/2 of the sauce over the wilted spinach, then add the chicken breasts. Spoon the remaining sauce over the chicken, making sure to cover the chicken. Add the chopped prosciutto, then layer the shredded mozzarella cheese and sprinkle the reserved 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 20-25 minutes, or until bubbly and golden brown.
- Proscuitto is fully cooked and ready to eat, but browning it makes it a little crispy.
- If you're a spinach lover you can use 2 (6 oz) packages of fresh baby spinach.
- Serve over cooked asparagus or noodles.
Recipe adapted from All Recipes
Looking for more delicious homestyle recipes? Then take a look at Savory ~ Sweet ~ Repeat. It’s our delicious eCookbook with 50 tried & true family favorite recipes: 25 savory & 25 sweet. All of them are from this blog and some our family has enjoyed for over 50 years! There are also a few newer family favorites as well. Our eCookbook downloads beautifully and is only $4.99. Plus, it comes with a 100% happiness guarantee. So, get yours today!
Are you planning a dinner party this holiday season? Go ahead and use Campbell’s® Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup and try a new twist on your holiday dishes! It will save you time and make your recipes more delicious. For inspiration, make sure to check out Campbell’s® holiday recipe ideas and then share your delicious creations with us in the comments below, we’d love to hear about them!