Today I’m bringing you our new Chicken Broccoli Casserole with French Fried Onions. The French fried onions on top make this dish a crispy delicious masterpiece! John created this casserole recently, the same day he made his Cheese Ravioli Lasagna and when he took his first bite he said, “Wow, it tastes like fried chicken!” and I agree, it does.
Healthy brown rice and broccoli, a creamy sauce and savory chicken, topped with crispy French fried onions. This is what dreams are made of!
Prepare the brown rice, and cook the broccoli and chicken.
Sprinkle the French fried onions evenly on top and bake an additional 10-15 minutes (40-45 minutes total), or until the French fried onions are golden brown and crispy.
Use the USDA Minimum Internal Temperature Chart for cooking meat and casseroles.
We enjoyed this chicken broccoli casserole with a glass of Cran-Raspberry Sherbet Punch. We hope you try our Chicken Broccoli Casserole with French Fried Onions. It’s full of flavor and loaded with good ingredients like brown rice, broccoli, and tender chicken pieces.
Updated image and note: You can also layer the ingredients in a cast-iron skillet and bake it in the oven, per the instructions.
More delicious dinner recipes to enjoy!
We hope you try our Chicken Broccoli Casserole with French Fried Onions and enjoy it as much as we do. If you make it, please snap a picture and tag us on social media @MySweetMission or #MySweetMission. We’d love to see it!
Also, please consider giving this recipe a star rating in the comments below, and sharing it on social media. Thanks, we really appreciate it!
Chicken Broccoli Casserole with French Fried Onions
- 1 cup (190 g) uncooked brown rice, cooked according to instructions
- 1 (1 ) head of broccoli, cooked and drained
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.46 ml) salt, for the cooked broccoli
- 1 pound (453.59 g) boneless skinless chicken breasts (2-3 breasts)
- 2 tablespoons (29.57 ml) olive oil
- 10.75 ounces (304.76 g) (1 can) condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup (244 g) milk, approximately 3/4 of the soup can
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.46 ml) pepper
- 1 cup (56 g) French fried onions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and grease a 7" x 11" baking dish or cast iron skillet.
- Cook the brown rice as directed on the package. *We used minute brown rice.
- Cook and drain the broccoli, then sprinkle the salt evenly over it.
- Cut the chicken into pieces. In a sauce pan over medium heat, brown and cook the chicken in the olive oil. Remove chicken from pan and set aside.
- In the same saucepan, combine the cream of chicken soup, milk, and pepper. Cook and stir over medium heat until smooth and bubbly.
- Spread the brown rice evenly in the bottom of the prepared baking dish or cast iron skillet. Layer the broccoli, then the chicken pieces. Pour the cream of chicken soup mixture evenly over everything.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 25 minutes.
- Sprinkle the French fried onions evenly on top and bake an additional 10-15 minutes (40-45 minutes total), or until the French fried onions are golden brown and crispy.
- Use the USDA Minimum Internal Temperature Chart for cooking meat and casseroles.
This post contains affiliate links, which will add no extra cost to you. Thank you if you make a purchase – it will help support our blog! Please see our disclosure policy.