Ok, so the other day I shared our Red Wine Vinegar Poppy Seed Dressing and showed you a little teaser of today’s salad. As promised, I’m sharing this amazing Chicken Bacon Spinach Salad with Poppy Seed Dressing that John made us for dinner recently.
It’s the perfect combination of savory tender chicken bites, crunchy walnuts and fresh spinach, a slightly sweet and tangy dressing with real bacon pieces, that balances this incredible salad with just a touch of saltiness!
This salad starts out with our delicious Red Wine Vinegar with Poppy Seed Dressing. Shake it up or whisk it together, cover and place it in the fridge, so it can chill while you prepare the other salad ingredients.
I just love the soft pink color the red wine vinegar gives this yummy dressing.
Use pre-washed and dried flat leaf baby spinach. Or, put the fresh spinach in a salad spinner, rinse and spin to dry the leaves. We used pre-washed spinach this time but we love our salad spinner because it’s so convenient and makes salads in a flash!
Cook the bacon slices, drain but don’t wipe the grease out of the pan. Crumble and set aside.
Slice the chicken, season with salt and pepper and saute in the pan the bacon was cooked in. Once the chicken is thoroughly cooked remove from pan and set aside to cool slightly.
Chop the walnuts and set aside, as well.
Put the spinach in a large bowl. Add the bacon, chicken and walnuts.
Pour 1/4 cup of the poppy seed dressing over the salad.
Next, toss thoroughly to insure all ingredients are coated with the dressing and serve. Makes two generous and delicious dinner sized salads, and the chicken and bacon in this salad makes it hearty enough for a complete meal.
We hope you try our Chicken Bacon Spinach Salad with Poppy Seed Dressing and enjoy it as much as we do. If you make it, please snap a picture and tag us on social media @MySweetMission or #MySweetMission. We’d love to see it!
Also, please consider giving this recipe a star rating, sharing it or leaving a comment. Thanks, we really appreciate it!
Chicken Bacon Spinach Salad with Poppy Seed Dressing
- 4 cups flat leaf baby spinach, rinsed and dried (or pre-washed and dried baby spinach)
- 4 slices bacon, cooked, drained and crumbled
- 2 chicken breasts, cooked and chopped (approximately 1/2 pound chicken)
- salt and pepper to taste, for the chicken
- 1/4 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1/4 cup poppy seed dressing
- Use pre-washed and dried flat leaf baby spinach. Or, put the fresh spinach in a salad spinner, rinse and spin to dry the leaves.
- Cook the bacon slices, drain but don't wipe the grease out of the pan. Crumble and set aside.
- Slice the chicken, season with salt and pepper and saute in the pan the bacon was cooked in. Once the chicken is thoroughly cooked remove from pan and set aside to cool slightly.
- Chop the walnuts and set aside as well.
- Put the spinach in a large bowl and add the bacon, chicken and walnuts. Pour the poppy seed dressing over all ingredients, toss thoroughly to insure the ingredients are coated with the dressing and serve.
Take a peek at Savory ~ Sweet ~ Repeat? It’s our delicious eCookbook full of tried & true family favorite recipes: 25 savory & 25 sweet. All of them are from this blog and some our family has enjoyed for 50 & even 60 years! There are also a few newer family favorites as well. Our eCookbook downloads beautifully and is only $4.99. Plus, it comes with a 100% happiness guarantee. So, get yours today!
Looking for more delicious salad recipes?
Here are a few you might also enjoy!
This post contains affiliate links, which will add no extra cost to you. Thank you if you make a purchase – it will help support our blog! Please see our disclosure policy.