This Cherry Berry Dump Cake is our take on the infamous Cherry Dump Cake, but actually a little better. Now, I know, how do you improve on this yummy dump cake? Well, we added a layer of juicy blueberries and strawberries, so it’s not as sweet as the original. But, it still has the same gooey, fruit bottom, with a buttery, crumbly, nutty, crispy topping. The added blueberries and strawberries makes this cake just a little tart, which is exactly what we love about this new and improved dessert sensation!
Serve it warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream, or it’s just as delicious served at room temperature too. So, go ahead and bring this cake to your next BBQ, picnic or potluck – for a summer berry dessert everyone will love!
This has to be one of the easiest cakes out there. You just grease your baking pan, dump in all the ingredients and bake it until the fruits come bubbling up and the top is crispy and light golden brown!
Let’s get layering…Shall we?
Spread the crushed pineapple, including the juice, in the bottom of a greased pan. Add the cherry pie filling and place the strawberry slices on next. Then put the blueberries in between the strawberries and all around the edges.
Evenly sprinkle the cake mix, add the chopped walnuts and place thinly sliced butter pieces all over the top.
I used a golden butter cake mix, but a yellow cake mix will work too.
Bake in a preheated oven 50-60 minutes, or until the cake is bubbly and top light golden brown. Make sure to check the cake at 45 minutes, and then every 5 minutes thereafter. Ours baked for 55 minutes.
I just love how the blueberries turn the fruit sauce in to a rich, purple color. It’s super pretty and the blueberries make this cake extra delicious too! It’s really quite magical how this amazing dump cake turns in to a thing of beauty – without mixing any of the ingredients. Thus it’s called a “Dump Cake”.
If you’re looking for a new berry-licious dessert for your summer company and parties, we think our easy and delicious Cherry Berry Dump Cake is the answer!
Cherry Berry Dump Cake
- 20 ounces crushed pineapple with natural juice (1 can)
- 21 ounces cherry pie filling (1 can)
- 3/4 cup strawberries, thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup blueberries
- 15.25 ounces golden butter or yellow cake mix (1 box)
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup chilled butter, thinly sliced
Preheat oven to 350º F and grease a 9"x13" pan.
- Spread the crushed pineapple, including the juice, in the bottom of a greased pan. Add the cherry pie filling and place the strawberry slices on next. Then put the blueberries in between the strawberries and all around the edges.
- Evenly sprinkle the cake mix, add the chopped walnuts and place thinly sliced butter pieces all over the top.
- Bake in a preheated oven 50-60 minutes, or until the cake is bubbly and the top is light golden brown.
- Use chilled butter to make nice thin slices.
- Our cake was bubbly and light golden brown after baking for 55 minutes. But, make sure to check the cake at 45 minutes, and every 5 minutes thereafter.
For more inspiration, check out Recipe Lion’s collection of 40 Easy Cake Recipes: Dump Cakes, Upside Down Cakes & More
Have you seen our 1st Cookbook Savory ~ Sweet ~ Repeat? It’s a delicious eCookbook full of tried & true family favorite recipes: 25 savory & 25 sweet. All of them are from this blog and some our family has enjoyed for 50 & even 60 years! There’s also a few newer family favorites as well. Our eCookbook downloads beautifully and is perfect for gift-giving!
Looking for more delicious cake recipes?
Here are a few you might also enjoy!
This post contains affiliate links, which will add no extra cost to you. Thank you if you make a purchase – it will help support our blog! Please see our disclosure policy.