Put it on whole grain toast, or your favorite bread with some fresh salad greens for a healthy meal. This recipe makes enough for 2 sandwiches, or you can use the other half for a delicious salad topper the next day!
We hope you try our Avocado Egg Salad and enjoy it as much as we do. If you make it, please snap a picture and tag us on social media @MySweetMission or #MySweetMission. We’d love to see it!
Also, please consider giving this recipe a star rating, sharing it or leaving a comment. Thanks, we really appreciate it!
Avocado Egg Salad
- 2 hard boiled eggs
- 1 medium ripe avocado, cubed
- 1/4 cup chopped red pepper, or any color
- 1 tablespoon chopped sweet onion
- 1 tablespoon light mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper, or to taste
- Start with cooled perfectly hard boiled eggs and dice them into a bowl.
- Add the cubed avocado, chopped red pepper, sweet onion, light mayonnaise, salt, cracked pepper and lemon juice.
- Stir gently to combine well.
- Cut the avocado in half length-wise, hit the pit with a sharp knife and twist it out.
- Take a butter knife and make slices in a checkerboard pattern, like small cubes.
- Then go around the outer edge of the avocado with a spoon and scoop out the pieces.
Take a peek at Savory ~ Sweet ~ Repeat? It’s our delicious eCookbook full of tried & true family favorite recipes: 25 savory & 25 sweet. All of them are from this blog and some our family has enjoyed for 50 & even 60 years! There are also a few newer family favorites as well. Our eCookbook downloads beautifully and is only $4.99. Plus, it comes with a 100% happiness guarantee. So, get yours today!