Happy Fall! Don’t you just love this time of the year? Cooler weather, cozy sweaters and the smell of apples and cinnamon are in the air. Well, our Apple Nut Muffins are moist and have delicious flavors of fall, like apples, walnuts, cinnamon and a touch of vanilla. And the tops of these delectable muffins bake up all nice and crunchy!
They’re perfect for company, a weekend breakfast or brunch, and they’re great for dessert too.
I made a batch for our family who unfortunately went through a very difficult time recently. My Mom was having a brain biopsy and many of us were there at the hospital for her. We brought these yummy muffins and everyone really enjoyed them!
If you follow us on Instagram you may have seen our recent posts about my sweet Mother. But, stay tuned because she is believing for a complete miracle!
Chop the walnuts and apples.
Pro Tip: You’ll want to chop the apples smaller than normal, so they bake up soft and tender.
In a large bowl on low speed, mix together the sugar and vegetable oil. Continuing on low speed, add the eggs, vanilla extract, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, and salt, blend well.
Add the flour and stir just until it disappears. Then add the chopped apples.
We scooped 6 muffins without walnuts and used different colored muffin papers so we could tell them apart. Because some people in our family don’t care for nuts.
Then we added the chopped walnuts to the rest of the batter.
Using a 3 oz scooper fill the muffin papers quite full.
Yep, we like our muffins big and tall like bakery style muffins.
Bake in a preheated 375 degrees F oven for 30 minutes, or until light golden brown and the tops are a little firm. Cool the muffins in the tins a few minutes, then remove and place on a cooling rack.
Whether you eat them warm out of the oven, or a little cooled off, they’re super delicious!
We hope you try our Apple Nut Muffins and enjoy them as much as we do. If you make them, please snap a picture and tag us on social media @MySweetMission or #MySweetMission. We’d love to see it!
Also, please consider giving this recipe a star rating, sharing it or leaving a comment. Thanks, we really appreciate it!
Apple Nut Muffins
- 2 cups (400 g) white sugar
- 1 1/4 cup (295.74 ml) vegetable oil
- 2 (2 ) large eggs
- 2 teaspoons (9.86 ml) vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon (4.93 ml) cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon (4.93 ml) baking powder
- 1 teaspoon (4.93 ml) baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.46 ml) salt
- 3 cups (375 g) flour
- 3 cups (375 g) apples, peeled and chopped (approximately 4 medium apples)
- 1 cup (117 g) walnuts, chopped
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F and line two muffin tins with papers.
- In a large bowl on low speed, mix together the sugar and vegetable oil. Continuing on low speed, add the eggs, vanilla extract, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, and salt, blend well.
- Add the flour and stir just until it disappears. Then add the chopped apples and walnuts.
- Using a 3 oz scooper fill the muffin papers quite full. Bake in a preheated 375 degrees F oven for 30 minutes, or until light golden brown and the tops are a little firm.
- Cool the muffins in the tins a few minutes, then remove and place on a cooling rack.
- We recommend Gala, Golden Delicious, or Fuji apples for these muffins.
- You'll want to chop the apples smaller than normal, so they bake up soft and tender.
Take a peek at Savory ~ Sweet ~ Repeat? It’s our delicious eCookbook full of tried & true family favorite recipes: 25 savory & 25 sweet. All of them are from this blog and some our family has enjoyed for 50 & even 60 years! There are also a few newer family favorites as well. Our eCookbook downloads beautifully and is only $4.99. Plus, it comes with a 100% happiness guarantee. So, get yours today!