As promised, I’m sharing about my special baking day with Zoie, whose also my guest blogger for today! Her birthday wish this year was to have a baking day with Miss Heather! I know, how sweet! I was honored and happy to make this possible! On Sunday she and her family celebrated her 11th birthday, so we made these adorable owl cupcakes for them! Zoie found several owl cupcake ideas on Pinterest and I would gladly give credit to the original creator, but I’m not sure who that person is.
First, make the chocolate cupcakes, while they’re cooling, whip up the frosting. In a large mixing bowl cream the butter then add the rest of the ingredients. Beat on low speed until blended and then on medium or high speed until light and creamy.
Here are some of Zoie’s cupcakes, I love the crazy eyes! She worked so hard and did a really great job!
Zoie, Mr. Owl (Is he looking for me?) and myself, having some baking fun, what a blast! Thanks for being a guest blogger and baking with me Zoie!
Adorable Owl Cupcakes
- Frosting (recipe below)
- Wilton Dessert Decorator Plus kit or a decorating bag
- Writing tip
- 1 cup butter, very soft or slightly melted
- 1 lb confectioners sugar, approximately 3 1/2 cups
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large mixing bowl cream the butter.
- Add the remaining ingredients.
- Mix on low speed until blended, then on medium or high speed until light and creamy.
Vegan Owl Cupcakes
A Few Fun Facts About Zoie
- She loves her family, friends & God
- She’s an excellent dancer
- She loves to bake
- She’s super sweet, loving & generous
- She loves owls and is decorating her new bedroom (they just moved) with owl accents
Looking for more delicious cupcake recipes?
Here are a few you may also enjoy!
Do you love cupcakes? Have you made some really cute ones recently? Leave me a comment, I would love to hear about your creations! I want you to know how special you are and that I appreciate you all so much! Bye for today.