This is A Healthier Pancake recipe that cooks up golden brown, with a rich nutty taste and the added oats, flaxseed meal and walnuts make this pancake a healthier choice!
Here’s what you’ll need: walnuts, flaxseed meal, oats, pancake mix and coconut oil.
Mix all ingredients but the coconut oil in a bowl. Over medium heat, put the coconut oil on a hot skillet, spread it around then pour the batter on the skillet. Wait until the top just starts to bubble around the edges, then carefully turn it over.
Brown the other side and cook until the pancake is golden brown on both sides and a little firm, not mushy in the middle or flimsy. Doesn’t it look delicious?!
Place the pancake on a plate, add a small pat of butter, drizzle some maple syrup and you’re ready to enjoy A Healthier Pancake!
A Healthier Pancake
- 1/4 cup pancake mix, any brand that says "Just add water"
- 1/4 cup old fashioned rolled oats, or instant (we prefer rolled oats)
- 1 teaspoon flaxseed meal
- 1 tablespoon chopped walnuts, about 4-5 walnut halves
- 6 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1/4 cup maple syrup, or to taste
- Heat a skillet over medium heat.
- In a bowl combine the pancake mix, oats, flaxseed meal, walnuts, and water.
- Place the coconut oil in the hot skillet and spread it around as it melts. Pour the pancake batter into the hot skillet. When the top just starts to bubble around the edges carefully turn it over. Brown the other side. To make sure that the pancake is cooked thoroughly, it will feel firm, not mushy or flimsy in the middle.
- Place the pancake on a plate, add a small pat of butter and drizzle with some maple syrup and enjoy!