No Bake Chocolate Chip Energy Bites are full of wholesome ingredients for an easy, delicious grab-and-go energy snack! Little bites just perfect for students of all ages and a great way to add more fiber to your day. And, high fiber foods help keep you satisfied longer than the usual sugary ones.
Delicious toasted coconut, crunchy peanut butter, a little sweetener, rolled oats, flaxseed meal and rich chocolate chips mix together quickly for a great little snack or dessert.
Sometimes you just need a little something sweet and these are also a healthier option. Just grab a few for your morning or afternoon snack, or they’re perfect for a sweet ending to your lunches.
First, toast the coconut and set aside to cool.
In a medium bowl combine the peanut butter, corn syrup (or honey) and vanilla extract.
Add the remaining ingredients and thoroughly mix together. Use a small cookie scooper to shape into small balls. Cover, chill approximately 15 minutes and serve.
Now, this mixture is so yummy you could eat it right out of the bowl. But, you only have to wait a few more minutes and you’ll be enjoying these tasty little energy bites!
Our No Bake Chocolate Chip Energy Bites are soft and chewy, a little sticky but not too sweet. I promise, you’re going to love ’em!
- 2/3 cup toasted coconut
- 1/2 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 1/3 cup light corn syrup, or honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup old fashioned rolled oats, or regular oats
- 1/2 cup flaxseed meal
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Toast the coconut and set aside to cool. (link below for toasting coconut)
- In a medium bowl combine the peanut butter, corn syrup (or honey) and vanilla extract. Add the remaining ingredients and thoroughly mix together.
- Use a small cookie scooper to shape into small balls. Cover, chill approximately 15 minutes and enjoy.
Store in an airtight container. We prefer them at room temperature, but they may keep fresher a little longer in the fridge.
Recipe adapted from Gimme Some Oven