We love gourmet cookies and they just happen to be one of my specialties. So, in honor of Valentine’s Day I’m sharing my beautiful Chocolate Decorated Heart Shaped Cookies. They’re decorated with Chocoley’s delicious chocolates and some of their adorable sprinkles, which add that extra touch! They start out with our family’s famous sugar cookie recipe, which are truly amazing with the original buttery frosting, but decorating them with two creamy chocolates takes them to a whole new level!
And, these pretty cookies are a perfect gift for that someone special!
Follow the recipe for my homemade sugar cookies. Hey, is it me or does the dough on the beater look a little like a heart? I promise, that’s how it looked when I lifted it out of the bowl.
Roll out the dough on a well floured counter or board. Then using a heart shaped cookie cutter make the hearts.
Place the hearts on a baking sheet and pop them in the oven. Bake a couple minutes longer than the instructions here.
Mmmm…look at those sweet little hearts, all soft and buttery!
Put the cookies on a cooling rack until completely cooled.
Melt the dark chocolate. Using a spatula or the back of a spoon, spread the chocolate on half of each cookie. Immediately sprinkle the chocolate with the pink nonpareils or the edible confetti red hearts and place on parchment paper.
Doesn’t that chocolate look delicious? Well, I promise it is! And, if you haven’t tried Chocoley chocolates, you really should. A one (1) pound bag is only $6.99 and for a limited time you get 10% off your first order!
I just love the look of these pretty little sprinkles by Chocoley, both the pink nonpareils and the edible confetti red hearts. You can sprinkle a little or a lot, you’re the boss!
We gave a box of these pretty chocolate decorated heart shaped cookies to our sweet neighbors and another box to our good friends, they both loved them! In an upcoming post I’ll show you how I packaged them as a gift. The theme is chocolate and red, and so pretty!
Chocolate Decorated Heart Shaped Cookies
- 1 batch homemade sugar cookies
- 3/4 pound high quality dark chocolate
- 3/4 pound high quality white chocolate
- 2 medium bowls
- 1 spatula or spoon
- Pink Nonpareils
- Edible Confetti Red Hearts
- Parchment or wax paper
- Follow the recipe and instructions for my homemade sugar cookies, but bake the cookies for 11-12 minutes, if you’re heart shaped cookie cutter is a little bigger like mine is. Put the cookies on a cooling rack until cooled completely.
- Melt the dark chocolate. Using a spatula or the back of a spoon, spread it on half of each cookie in alternating pretty designs. Immediately sprinkle the chocolate with the pink nonpareils or the edible confetti red hearts and place on parchment paper. Allow the chocolate to set until firm.
- Follow step #2 for the white chocolate as well.
Heather’s Notes & Tips:
- TIP: For amazing cookies every time use My Top 10 Tips for Perfect Cookies.
- TIP: If the chocolate becomes stiff while decorating, just place the bowl in the microwave and cook at full power for 10-15 seconds, then stir until smooth. Be careful not to burn the chocolate by getting it too hot.
- Note: I spread the dark and white chocolates on alternating sides, tops and bottoms, so the patterns are randomly pretty.
- TIP: Sprinkle the toppings over separate paper towels (one for each decorating sprinkles) so you can return the excess to their bottles.
Makes 30 Cookies
Chocoley has some of the most amazing products, like melting and drizzling chocolates, ready to use gourmet centers, flavoring oils and so much more. Check out their products, resources, tips and recipes, then go ahead and make a delicious Chocoley chocolate creation for you and your family.
Looking for more delicious recipes that say I love you!
Here are a few you might also enjoy!
This post contains other affiliate links, which will add no extra cost to you. Thank you if you make a purchase – it will help support our blog! Please see our disclosure policy.