Our Pecan Pumpkin Bread with Warm Caramel Glaze is shouting ‘Hello Fall!’ I’m always creating new recipes and this pecan pumpkin bread is really delicious! It’s a moist pumpkin sweet bread with a gooey, buttery caramel glaze. I think you’re going to love it and I couldn’t wait to share the recipe with you!
For the Pecan Pumpkin Bread: In a large mixing bowl combine the first five (5) ingredients on low speed until blended, then mix on medium speed for about a minute.
*In place of the canned pumpkin, you can use 1 3/4 cups homemade pumpkin puree, if desired.
Oh yeah, now we’re talking deliciousness!! Generously spoon and drizzle the warm buttery caramel glaze over the tops of the warm pecan pumpkin breads. The glaze will soak in a little and then create a shiny topping, which is an added bonus of keeping the breads super moist!
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 - 15 ounce can of 100% pure pumpkin or 1 3/4 cups homemade pumpkin puree
- 2 cups flour, unbleached or all-purpose
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup chopped pecans (reserve 1/4 cup)
- Ingredients for the warm caramel glaze:
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F and grease (2) 9" x 5" loaf pans.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the first five (5) ingredients on low speed until blended, then mix on medium speed for about a minute.
- In a separate bowl whisk the dry ingredients together, including the chopped pecans, but reserve 1/4 cup of the nuts for the top of the breads. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and blend on low speed just until the flour disappears.
- Evenly distribute the batter between the two (2) greased loaf pans and sprinkle with the reserved chopped pecans.
- Bake in a preheated 375 degrees F oven for 10 minutes, reduce oven to 350 degrees F and bake an additional 40-50 minutes, or until golden brown, but do not over-bake.
- Remove the breads from the oven. Cool 10-15 minutes then transfer the breads to a cooling rack lined with parchment or wax paper.
- In a saucepan over medium heat combine the ingredients and gently stir until melted. Bring the mixture to a simmer and cook for two (2) minutes, stirring gently.
- Remove from heat and set aside to cool slightly. Pour the warm caramel glaze over the warm pecan pumpkin breads.
When done, the caramel glaze should be a medium amber color and slightly thick.
Baking times may vary according to ovens and the types of pans used. My dark non-stick pan baked in approximately 50 minutes. The stainless steel pan baked in approximately 60 minutes.
After ten (10) minutes of cooling, the bread in the non-stick dark pan came out perfect. In the stainless steel pan the bottom center of the bread was a little stuck to the pan. If using a stainless steel pan, try cooling the bread about 15 minutes before removing.
The glaze will be a little sticky when cooled, so use a sharp serrated knife to easily cut slices.